What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sundance optima or caldera utopia niagra  (Read 2904 times)

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
sundance optima or caldera utopia niagra
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:40:38 pm »
I have been reading this forum for a few months & I feel I have gained a lot of knowledge about hot tubs. I look forward to reading the post's every day . So first I would like to thank all the regular contributers since this is the first site I feel is truly genuine to the cause.I get a laugh out of some of the reply's & I can see some of you are really biting your tonges as you really want to push your own product but you refrain (very professional). I feel I know all of you (thanks). Okay so here is the question. I have narrowed down the search  between the 05' sundance optima or the 05' caldera utopia niagra (which I never heard of before this site) I got a price of $8,800  for the utopia which includes ozone,steps, cover lifter,delivery, and a price of $8,745 for the optima w/ the same extras. From what I read in this forum I just assumed that the caldera was a step below the sundance so was surprised at the similar costs. Is the sundance a better deal? also I have another question my son has asthma and was told that ozone was bad for him is that true & if so then baquaspa & no ozone would be a better alternative?

Hot Tub Forum

sundance optima or caldera utopia niagra
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:40:38 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: sundance optima or caldera utopia niagra
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 09:49:19 pm »
Both are nice and  2 of the better spas out there....As you have read wet test....I think the warranty's are also close....For me personally I like higher flow jets more like those on the Sundance ....I do not care for Baqua Spa if you read here very few people seem to have success with it .....however for those who do they seem to be very happy.....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 10:43:36 pm »
I'd skip the Baqua as well. Those are two good spas you're looking at and since they're basically the same deal I think it comes down to a wet test and your comfort with each dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 11:16:27 pm »
The sundance dealer has been around for many years while the caldera dealer has only been in business for about one year & has already changed which brand
they represent, although they were very nice it felt I knew more than they did about what they were selling !But my major concern is the asthma.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 06:20:46 pm »
But my major concern is the asthma.

I really think you should consult your son's doctor.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 07:35:20 pm »
I also advise not using Baqua.  We did, cause that's what our dealer gave us to start out.  In addition to it being too expensive, we had trouble with the infamous "Baqua Cough".  
Definately see you doctor for ANY medical questions.  
Brewman
Brewman

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 08:39:32 pm »
I would also consult your doctor for the asthma questions!!!!!  Dont let a "dealer in Spa's" tell you about that...it is way too serious an issue to NOT have a medical professional give you his or her opinion.

With that being said....what were your impressions on the Sundance???

My wife and I are looking at the Caldera Spa's now and the Niagra Utopia series MAY be in our search...we are going to wet test the Tahitian and the Niagra by Caldera next week.

As far as your "feel" between the Caldera and Sundance construction, makeup, and dealer attitude...what did you like dislike???

Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

Regards,

:)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 10:28:30 pm »
Hi There -

Our son has pretty bad asthma too - we do NOT use Baqua though.  We were using Bromine... and are now using chloring (because it's just so much easier to maintain and doesn't dry our skin out... nothing to do with asthma).

We have not had any issues with coughing or wheezing - he has been fine.  We have an 04 Optima - it's just great!!  It has the ozonator on board too...

As others have mentioned - do discuss with your son's doc... good luck and keep us posted!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 10:28:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42