What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Double as Fountain?  (Read 3978 times)

qpmzwonx

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Tub Double as Fountain?
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:27:12 pm »
I am just starting my research on hot tubs and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you can have a fountain in a hot tob, so that it can look like a fountain when not in use.  Thanks for the help!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Double as Fountain?
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:27:12 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hot Tub Double as Fountain?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 06:50:20 pm »
Check out the Vista and Envoy models at www.hotspring.com.  They have exactly what you're looking for.  The Bella Fontana is beautiful at night.  It changes colors if you want or you can just pick whichever one suits your mood.

P.S.  The spa is pretty dang nice as well! ;)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:06:07 pm »
I for one highly recommend getting a fountain if a fountain is what you want...to have your spa double as both ...to me does not make sense besides having to open your cover and watch your heat drift off into the night...you might have more things blow into or fall in your spa ....You can pick a nice fountain or water feature for a couple of hundred dollars and than you can enjoy it all though the day......instead only when you open the cover on your spa......

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 07:49:23 pm »
Yes, there are retractable fountain heads which install in the floor of an in-ground tub. You simply move a diverter valve on the filter/heating pump and the water pressure brings it up to do it's thing.

When you want to use the spa, you return the diverter valve to the circulate position, and you are ready to heat and soak.

Alternately, you can simply plumb in laminar-flow fittings around a spa, again with a seperate pump or a diverter valve from the cirulation system, and shoot them into the spa from the deck around the perimiter.

Lots of ways to do it.

However, an open in-ground tub must be heated every time you wish to soak, and this takes time. This tends to make it much less likely to see long-term use. Also, most in -ground shells are very plain and frankly, uncomfortable when compared to the high-tech designs of most self-contained spas.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 11:58:08 pm »

Check out http://d1spas.com/D1Difference/d1difference_Style.asp It will show you several ways to use your spa as a fountain.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 09:48:56 am »
Most Coleman Deluxe and all Premiums have a waterfall. The Coleman 480 has dual water falls that project water toward eachother. Unfortunatly the web site does not show it (the dual waterfall that is), but does show one of the water falls running:

http://www.colemanspas.com/content/show/19
Homeworks Financing Representative

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 10:48:06 am »
Seems kind of silly to me but I also had possum for dinner last night.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 10:57:59 am »
Looks like Sundance has added waterfalls to some of their spas for the 2005 model year as well.  Gotta keep up, I suppose.
Brewman
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 12:58:09 pm »
 ;
but I also had possum for dinner last night.

Like thats the first time...? ;D ;D ;D ;D ???
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 12:58:32 pm by stuart »

rick

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 11:27:27 pm »
Yeah, the double waterfall was one of the reasons I opted for the Coleman 480.  It just looked better with 2 waterfalls pointing to each other than just one.  I wish Coleman would have instituted an LED light under them like I see on other spas though.  Those look cool.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 12:41:04 am »
Well, if we're going to talk about leaving the cover open just so you can have a heated fountain, the I should have pointed out that HotSpring, Tiger River and Caldera have 'em.

This one, the 'Bella Fontanna' changes color to match the light in the tub. Very nice.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 12:41:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42