What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BC750 questions  (Read 3207 times)

KC-SWO

• Waiting for my new deck, Dreaming of my BC 750
BC750 questions
« on: March 08, 2005, 11:26:37 am »

Well, my replacement spa is here.
I lost the last one in a fire.

We replaced our old spa with the same model:

Beachcomber 750
Protec step
Hush pump
Reflex foot massage
Stereo
Twilight cedar cabinet
Ever light
garden lights

The only difference was shell color, Platinum to Sandelwood.

If memory serves me correctly, the 750 shell has changed minorly across the last 2 model years.  2003-2005.  Differences are minor, but appearent none the less.

The disappointing thing is that we have had some problems with our tub this time.  Well, not really with the tub, but with the accessories.

The radio, and remote system did not work when installed.  The dealer did not notice this during install.  I was not home at the time, I was away for work, as was my wife.  It took 1 week before the part came in to fix the radio.  It was a bad power supply.

This was replaced, with minor confusion, but overall the service has been acceptable.

Now the radio system still has problems when compared to the previous tub:

1.  the reception is terrible

2.  something is wrong volume wise.  The max volume is so low, that most seats in the tub can't hear the radio when it is playing.  The sound is staticy as well, I am not sure if this is a speaker issue, or the reception problem listed above.

Any suggestions what could be wrong?
The dealer is coming this week sometime to look at it.

I'm wondering if the power supply problem caused problems with the radio.

Hot Tub Forum

BC750 questions
« on: March 08, 2005, 11:26:37 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: BC750 questions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 12:12:07 pm »
I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say that I am very glad you got your replacement tub!!

I know it was a heart-breaking loss!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

zzaphod42

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 12:23:27 pm »
I haven't noticed any difference with the new stereo reception-wise, but the volume range is a little different now compared to the 03 models. You can no longer set it to go above the level at which the noise starts to distort, which I feel is a good thing. I can still have the stereo so loud that I can't hear myself think when I am in the tub. It simply isn't overly loud when I am outside of it. It sound like you may have something else wrong with the stereo, but I am sure your dealer will take care of you.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 04:59:47 pm »
I wonder if one or more of the magnets inside the cabinet isn't working? If anything, they have improved their Aquacoustics system from previous years so I'm surprised to hear this. I'm sure you'll be looked after and I'm glad the new tub is there.

Was the color Beachwood or Sandstone or did they blend the acrylics for you? ;)

Steve

KC-SWO

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 07:36:58 am »
Beachwood - sorry
Too long between ordering and receiving  :)

I'm waiting for the dealer to look at it.

One more question, are the Reflex Foot jets supposed to have pressure fluxuations?  I don't remember the pressure varying as much on my last tub either.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 09:08:29 am »
One more question, are the Reflex Foot jets supposed to have pressure fluxuations?  I don't remember the pressure varying as much on my last tub either.

The only way I've seen that happen is if the water level is too low and the skimmer sucks air along with water.
Otherwise is should have steady pressure.

Steve

KC-SWO

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 12:56:06 pm »
That may be why it seems to be worse now than before.
The tub does need water added, but the weather here has been really cold.  I've been delaying.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 02:18:07 pm »
The concern here is that it’s cavitating the pumps to some degree which isn’t a good thing. During the colder months, get a hose connection for your sink and fill it through a window. And I thought Beachcomber owners were tough… ::) ;)

Steve

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 04:42:37 pm »
I fill a 5 gal bucket and take 3 - 4 bucketfuls  out if its too cold to use the hose.  Usually that will last a good 2 weeks before I need to do it again.  Of course if you wear suits you'll need a lot more water more often...Its amazing how much water stays in those suits!

KC-SWO

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 10:57:53 am »
I have the hose connection, and hose ready to go.

I have used it this winter.

It is a combination of lack of time, and bad weather, that makes me delay adding water.

I'll do it tonight.  At least I think I will be home at a decent hour.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 10:57:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42