What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings Jetsetter 2005  (Read 5676 times)

peggy

Hotsprings Jetsetter 2005
« on: February 28, 2005, 07:25:06 pm »
I would like to get reviews on the Hotsprings Jetsetter. I need hydrotherapy for only myself, don't entertain alot. Just myself & my husband (who just wants me to be happy) he will use occasionally. I want an energy efficient portable spa (Watkins rated high)as I am retired on fixed income. I noticed in the showroom that the Jetsetter (2 to 3 person)is 4,795 (less water needed, etc) and some 6 person spa's are 5,700 (sovereign 2004) with similar jets but more of them of course.  Even though I don't need the extra room, should I opt for larger, and possibly pay more per month? I will use this alot as I am taking 2 baths a day now for physical/mental reasons. My budget will allow for 6,000 max out the door.
I love all the amenities on the jetsetter (of course my very favorite in the vanguard) which is way out of my league now.
Any advise on the Jetsetter, reviews, or suggestions.  I am new at this, I have read all the reviews on this site, but nothing on the model I am considering.

Thanks out there :-*
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 07:28:51 pm by peggy »

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings Jetsetter 2005
« on: February 28, 2005, 07:25:06 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Hotsprings Jetsetter 2005
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:35:54 pm »
Hi Peggy!

I'm prejudiced.  I'll say that right up front!  I have the Vanguard, and love it.

You asked about whether you should get something a little bigger, I would suggest wet testing both the Jetsetter and Sovereign!  You can't go wrong with either, in my opinion.

There are other reliable brands on the market, have you checked any others?

I had trouble deciding between the Sovereign and the Vanguard, until I got in them wet!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:40:58 pm »
If it is only going to be for you....I would suggest the Jetsetter....you will feel just as good in it as the bigger spa but it will simply by its lower volume of water cost less to run each month as well as your upfront costs.....I think that many times people buy to much spa....I have noticed that those who buy a the mid size are just as happy as those who buy the larger spas....and that our ( Marquis Spirit) works great as a one or 2 person therapy spa....for those whose intent is to use it like that.....

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:53:29 pm »
My coworker recently purchased a HS Jetsetter....don't know if it is '04 or '05 model.  She and her husband love it!  My husband and I are also considering this model.  We haven't gotten to make a trip to an actual dealership yet, but hope to within the next month.  Closest dealer for any brands is a two hour drive.  I'm only 5'5", but my hubby is 6'4".  I have some concerns as to whether the Jetsetter will be big enough for him.  Anybody with experience or comments regarding that question?  Since we have to spend 4 hours total driving just to look, I don't want to waste time looking at models that would be too small to fit him....

BTW, I'm taller than my coworker and her husband...
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

smartymose

• Finally got our Grandee!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 08:30:32 am »
Peggy --
One thought if money is tight, perhaps consider if the dealer has a no financing deal for 12 months, after you get the spa you want and the price you are happy with. A number of dealers in my area had this offer. Just a thought.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 09:36:42 am »
 Even though I don't need the extra room, should I opt for larger, and possibly pay more per month?

There should only be about a $2-3 per month difference in operating costs between the Jetsetter and Sovereign.

You also might want to check out this link:

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_and_Patio-Pool_Equipment-Spas-All/show_~top_sellers

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 09:42:45 am »
I'm only 5'5", but my hubby is 6'4".  I have some concerns as to whether the Jetsetter will be big enough for him.  Anybody with experience or comments regarding that question?

I have a couple that purchased a Jetsetter 2 years ago.  He is 6'8" and she is 6'1".  They said that the spa is perfect for them.  The lounge is very long, running almost the entire length of the 6'10" side.

I have several customers that are 6'2" and taller that have the Jetsetter.

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 01:55:48 pm »
CEO,  thanks so much for the feedback on the Jetsetter and the size!  That gives me much hope that this might be the spa for us!  I wish you were in my neck of the woods in Texas (well, I guess there are no woods in my part of Texas!)
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 01:55:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42