What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2340 times)

noslokir

« on: February 26, 2005, 02:54:59 pm »
My wife and I are about to purchase our first Hot Tub. Initially we though we could get something decent in the $4000 range but quickly found out we were in lala land. We have narrowed our choices to Hot Springs Prodigy for $6000, Tiger River Sumatran for $5400 Jacuzzi Premium J335 for $5400 or the Image 739 for $5400. We don't live near a sprawling metropolis so our choices are somewhat limited. I would appreciate any feedback both positive and negative that any one has on these models.

By the way, this is a great forum and has been a huge help to me already.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: February 26, 2005, 02:54:59 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 03:10:05 pm »
The Prodigy is larger than the Sumatran, and has the added jet: the "Soothing Seven."

They have the same warranty except the siding: 3 years for Tiger River Sumatran, and 5 years.

The Heater in the Sumatran is Stainless Steel with a five-year no-fault warranty, and the Heater in the Prodigy is Titanium with the same coverage.

The Prodigy has the no-bypass filtration and could use the Tri-X filters if you choose to pay for them, or if you can get the dealer to include them.

The major components are the same in both tubs.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
I would say that you should stick with the Jacuzzi or Hot Springs/ Tiger River. Image tends to be sold by Walmart and Home Depot.

Is the Image being sold by a dealer?  My local Hot Springs dealer is selling the Image line now and I guess that IF I were to get it in writing that he will cover the unit even if he stops selling it - it might be something I would consider.

But if you like the HS / TR- I would go with them - I believe they will take care of you.

Just my 2 cents!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 09:04:31 pm »
I'd skip the Image and go with 1 of the other 3 you mentioned. They are much better quality and are backed by major manufacturers who'll have a local dealer to help you out and they'll be there to service your spa under warranty if you ever have the need.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 09:04:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42