What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jacuzzi vs. caldera??  (Read 7549 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: jacuzzi vs. caldera??
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 07:10:20 pm »
hottubber,

Sorry!  I've read a lot of posts as to "the best" and what to buy and I can appreciate every dealer's allegiance to their brand but every so often someone comes out and says what you said.

The Hyundai analogy gets to me because the majority of the people use it as the POS while Mercedes is the best. Both fill a niche and Hyundai is a pretty nice car. The same can be said of tubs - all the different levels of tubs do fill niches, but not everyone can afford or want that $10K tub.

I think that if something is a POS then it should be pointed out AND THE REASON WHY.

I would think that Sundance/Jacuzzi would stand behind their defective product as Watkins would but maybe they wouldn't which to me would be a reason NOT to buy a Jacuzzi product or a Sundance product.

Vinny

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 07:10:20 pm »

mhraracing

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 07:45:04 pm »
Kent - I have no experience with the Jacuzzi - but do have the Geneva - sister to the Niagra. Its a very nice tub and have had no problems so far.  As for price - it seems to vary from region. I live in the North East and paid around 7400 for ours.
It also depends on xtras that each dealer is giving you with your purchase. Are both dealers giving you the same extras like - steps - cover lifter and chemicals ??  

I would highly suggest to wet test - and yes - paying with cash should get you a bigger discount....

Hope this helps.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 08:54:25 pm »
Kent - I have no experience with the Jacuzzi - but do have the Geneva - sister to the Niagra. Its a very nice tub and have had no problems so far.  As for price - it seems to vary from region. I live in the North East and paid around 7400 for ours.
It also depends on xtras that each dealer is giving you with your purchase. Are both dealers giving you the same extras like - steps - cover lifter and chemicals ??  

I would highly suggest to wet test - and yes - paying with cash should get you a bigger discount....

Hope this helps.

Prices do vary region to region...and also what steps are you getting....what cover lifter.....not all the same....thats why I think generally speaking if you are within $500.00 of what most seem to be paying you are probably doing fine...you might even be the one on the low side of $500.00

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 11:31:38 pm »
Its nice to be back but don't ask me why lol....I have seen the Jacuzzi J365s going for $6500 with Chems steps cover but no cover lifter.I have the jacuzzi J355 and do enjoy it alot.On one end it gets a tad bit hot i guess its because of the heater but its a nice feel since its around 10 degress at night and the seats are very wide.I keep the LED lights off so i can see the stars a bit better....If you can get the Jacuzzi for around $6500 you are getting a good deal....Save the extra money and go see Willie Alexander and The Boom Boom Band this sat night at the Middle East Club in Cambridge Mass this sat night Feb 19th....I will be the only one with a Camrecorder......Jt :D

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 11:56:23 pm »
“jac rep also said that caldera jets have a tendencey to strip and come out”
Ask your Jacuzzi Salesperson if they have had issues with their jets in the past year.  Also, the Jacuzzi Jets only have a 1-year warranty.  The Caldera has a 5-year warranty.

Read the fine prints of both warranties.  You will see the warranty on the Caldera is a little bit better.

Chris what is the Sundance warranty on jets? A few years ago I know it was two years on jets and diverters.

I think I remember reading here that they increased it. Can you verify that.

Thanks in advance!

Spahappy :D

Chris_H

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 09:24:59 am »
It is two years on the jets and diverters.  

I wouldn’t worry too much about the warranty on the jets themselves due to the fact that they haven’t replaced more than 500 of their Fluidix/Vortex jets with over, I believe, 1,000,000 of them in the market in the last.  

The diverters aren’t covered mainly because Sundance considers them a “wear item” like your headrests, filter, and filter cover.

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 06:24:54 pm »
I am about to purchase an 05 J365 with cover/lifter/steps, and startup chemicals for $6,600 delivered and set up (minus the electrical).  I was also the one that was quoted $6100 for the 04, but we decided to order the colors we wanted.  I also looked at the Caldera, but the local dealer was set on his asking price which was about $2000 more.  In the end the Jacuzzi has been the most comfortable tub we have tested (with Arctic and Hotsprings a close 2nd and 3rd).  We have yet to purchase as we have a home show next week and want to see how aggressive they will get with the pricing.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 08:41:00 pm »
Go to the home show and look at the Gulf Coast spas....Enjoy the show and then get a Jacuzzi.Good luck Jt ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 08:41:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42