What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning Spa cover  (Read 4032 times)

riddler

Cleaning Spa cover
« on: February 12, 2005, 09:22:48 pm »
Whats the best stuff to use on a spa cover to clean the dust and dirt off.  My spa is outdoors and I notice the dirt and dust builds up on it. I guess theres a hundred different cleaners you can use , but I dont want to damage the vinyl by using something wrong. Anybody have a favorite cleaner that they would recommend ??

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning Spa cover
« on: February 12, 2005, 09:22:48 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Cleaning Spa cover
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 10:49:08 pm »
water, a rag and a little elbow grease.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 06:52:57 am »
Well now I'm confused. Most posts that I've seen on this say 303 products are the way to go and I know that you sell covers , so I would think you would know best .

I know that cleaning and protecting are 2 different things but seems like I can kill two birds with one stone with this stuff. Are you saying that it's not needed. :-/

Thanks Ivan

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 09:55:07 am »
303 is a protectant...not really a cleaner.  As Doc said, a little elbow grease with some soap and water and then finish with 303 Protectant.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 10:09:15 am »
I've used 303 to clean the cover..... wound up using about 4 times the amount I would have had I just used it as a "protectant". For dirt and dust, plain water works just find. If the vinyl is textured, a soft scrub brush, and 30 seconds does the job..

BUT HEY! If you want to spend some money and buy something, I'm sure I can find something advertised as a "cleaner" and sell it  ;D

BTW, the original post ONLY asked about dirt and dust.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 11:23:14 am »
How often do you recommend that a spa cover be cleaned?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 01:12:35 pm »
I don't really have any recommendation as to frequency.... guess it really depends on how dirty it gets..... So......... clean it......ummmm, when it looks dirty?

BTW, why do you have to be in doubt?  ;D maybe I'm just confused and ALWAYS in doubt?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 01:37:28 pm »
How often do you recommend that a spa cover be cleaned?

That's likeasking your car dealer how often you should wash your car. Its a personal choice. I'm not the kind of guy who's into washing and waxing my car every weekend and that carries over to my spa. I clean the cover about 4 times a year and use 303 protectant about that often. I tell people to do it monthly if they want to keep the cover in good shape knowing some will follow through that often, some will do it quarterly like myself and others will do it every leap year.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 12:36:11 pm »
BTW, why do you have to be in doubt?  ;D maybe I'm just confused and ALWAYS in doubt? [/quote]
8)
I guess it just depends on whom I'm bathing with!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 12:36:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42