What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dropped by to offer a quick laugh....  (Read 6570 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Dropped by to offer a quick laugh....
« on: January 14, 2005, 06:46:09 pm »
As I posted recently, I have no spa in my yard right now. We took it out just about a month ago, cleaned and polished it all up and put it on the showroom floor as a clearance item.

We sold it last week and delivered it a couple of days ago during a break in the rain.

While delivering it, we discovered that we had never installed the ozone generator!! I had the little bubbles the whole time, and I assumed it was being ozonated. I put in tiny amounts of Dichlor, and the thing never went south on me - well there was that one time.... but generally it was fine for the eight or nine months we had it. This means that one of my guys cut the tubing and installed the injector, but never installed the 'black box' that makes the ozone! Give me a break!

Just thought I'd share the laugh.

;D ;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Dropped by to offer a quick laugh....
« on: January 14, 2005, 06:46:09 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Dropped by to offer a quick laugh....
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 07:45:57 pm »
What makes that funnier is the statement by many customers when you sell HS "I have bubbles coming out from that round thing on the floor so I know my ozone is working.....!" :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 08:01:15 pm »
"Hey, if you come back, how far is Corona from your shop?  I'm trying to get my company to send me out there.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 08:03:13 pm »
"Hey, if you come back, how far is Corona from your shop?  I'm trying to get my company to send me out there.

...my company just sent me to Cancun for several Corona's ;D ;D ;D :P

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 08:35:49 pm »
did you enjoy a few Corona's Stu....man I was done in by the miami vices.....they were good....

Bill Corona is near me but about 2 hours from Chas

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 10:28:47 pm »
Chas, I'm glad you are back.  I think you offer the most un-biased opinions even though you are a HS guy.  What are you going to buy next? Do you prefer a non-lounger design?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 10:30:54 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 11:10:32 pm »
Though everyone seems to love this Chas guy and I agree that he offers good advice and all but did no one else catch the "I'm really busy right now opeing up 2 stores, but if you need me, I'll be on this other spa forum"  post?. He's to busy to come here and he wanted to take a break from this forum but he has the time to post somewhere else? Kind of a diss to the people here if you ask me. ??? Don't tell me you didn't catch that?
Maybe I'm just typing what everyone else is thinking.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 12:13:32 am »
Though everyone seems to love this Chas guy and I agree that he offers good advice and all but did no one else catch the "I'm really busy right now opeing up 2 stores, but if you need me, I'll be on this other spa forum"  post?. He's to busy to come here and he wanted to take a break from this forum but he has the time to post somewhere else? Kind of a diss to the people here if you ask me. ??? Don't tell me you didn't catch that?

or mayby you're just blowing bubbles  :P :P :P :P The "other" board gets about 3 posts a day.......... on a busy day  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 12:22:09 am »

Or...maybe he's just avoiding you! ;) Then again "Maybe I'm just typing what everyone else is thinking!" ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 12:22:58 am by stuart »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 01:08:29 am »
I think we should dock his, cancel his benefits, give away his parking space and company car, make him pay for his own uniforms, and put a nasty note in his employee file...... oh wait! he doesn't work here does he? He volunteers his time and his knowledge........... boy, the nerve of that guy........
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 05:37:47 am »
I think I get the volunteer thing thank you. ::)  I was speaking of his actions kuz they spoke loudly. I expected indiscriminate defense from a handful.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 08:36:34 am »
In sincerely believe he felt he was spending too much time and forced himself to take a break, and I'm not going to get too upset if he mentioned another forum that he happens to operate.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

matthewc

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 10:28:33 am »
I guess i'm one of those customers that thinks it's working because of the bubbles. Si how do you know if it's working?

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 03:02:59 pm »
Here's the thing that's killing me that noone got. Chas' ozone NEVER was hooked up, but it MADE NO DIFFERENCE in how the tub was treated. So all you lovers of Chas and proponents of ozone just took your biggest hit. Let me clarify...Chas=good OZONE= POINTLESS, WORTHLESS, WASTE OF MONEY.

As I posted recently, I have no spa in my yard right now. We took it out just about a month ago, cleaned and polished it all up and put it on the showroom floor as a clearance item.

We sold it last week and delivered it a couple of days ago during a break in the rain.

While delivering it, we discovered that we had never installed the ozone generator!! I had the little bubbles the whole time, and I assumed it was being ozonated. I put in tiny amounts of Dichlor, and the thing never went south on me - well there was that one time.... but generally it was fine for the eight or nine months we had it. This means that one of my guys cut the tubing and installed the injector, but never installed the 'black box' that makes the ozone! Give me a break!

Just thought I'd share the laugh.

;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 03:04:39 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 03:21:39 pm »
Here's the thing that's killing me that noone got. Chas' ozone NEVER was hooked up, but it MADE NO DIFFERENCE in how the tub was treated. So all you lovers of Chas and proponents of ozone just took your biggest hit. Let me clarify...Chas=good OZONE= POINTLESS, WORTHLESS, WASTE OF MONEY.

This did strike me right away but I did want to see if any spa professionals said anything about it as there is always an ozone debate (see my circ pump question) going on.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 03:21:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42