What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: comparing brands.. need help!    (Read 3487 times)

spa_searcher

comparing brands.. need help!  
« on: February 01, 2005, 03:16:21 pm »
I am first time buyer.  Been looking at a few different manufacters.  
Catalina (Xl 6000) Sundance (Optima) Vita (Cabaret)
Of course all places you visit say they are the best.
I intend on using spa all year round (Live in Chicago cold!).  
I've heard full foam vs. full foam debate.  
The cost to repair a full foam (Sundance and Vita) compared to partial foam which the Catalina is.
And the lower cost full foam would be for heating in the winter (Sundance and Vita).  The price on the Sundance is the lowest
Any opinions?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

comparing brands.. need help!  
« on: February 01, 2005, 03:16:21 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: comparing brands.. need help!  
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 03:23:44 pm »
Here is my take,.. if it is full foamed, it will cost less to operate, especially in your climate. Do you know that approximately 15% of the heat loss is from the sides and bottom of the spa? Should you require service due to a leak in the full foam, it most likely will be covered under the manufacturers warratee.
The odds are in the favor of the full foamed spa manufacturer, they ARE more efficient, and they will cost you less for the duration of ownership. If you only save $4.00 per month, due to the foam insulation times 15 years of ownership, you will save $720.00 in just that.
Good luck... ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:17:06 pm by hottubber »

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 03:32:01 pm »
Here is my take,.. if it is full foamed, it will cost less to operate, espesially in your climate. Do you know that approximately 15% of the heat loss is from the sides and bottom of the spa? Should you require service due to a leak in the full foam, it most likely will be covered under the manufacturers warratee.
The odds are in the favor of the full foamed spa manufacturer, they ARE more efficient, and they will cost you less for the duration of ownership. If you only save $4.00 per month, due to the foam insulation times 15 years of ownership, you will save $720.00 in just that.
Good luck... ;)

Well this should bring some experts out of the woodwork.

Also, if the Sundance is the lowest priced out of the three, I would be putting a deposit on the spa right now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 03:33:41 pm by Chris_H »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 03:32:03 pm »
I am surprised that the Sundance is the lowest based on reputations and more consistent recommendations...Wet test and see what feels the best...If in the end they all work well for you, than I would go with the Marquis.....uhhhhh I mean Sundance... ;)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 05:05:05 pm »
Forget the full foam vs. non full foam debate!  

Wet testing=that is the only way to know which tub is best for YOU and YOUR needs!

If I had bought solely on price and reputation, I would have bought a Jacuzzi Premium product!  But the wet test was the worst of all the tubs I tested because I, personally, floated out of the seats!  Not to mention, the dealer closed his doors for good a week after I wet tested!  Which brings me to a question:  What about the dealers?  How reliable are they and are they going to be in the long run?  Much more of a consideration, in my humble opinion, than full foam vs. non full foam!

Get wet and see which is best!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 05:40:49 pm »
I am surprised that the Sundance is the lowest based on reputations and more consistent recommendations...Wet test and see what feels the best...If in the end they all work well for you, than I would go with the Marquis.....uhhhhh I mean Sundance... ;)

Mendo that was a cheap shot plug for Marquis... Even though you and I both know that it is by far a better product than those mentioned it probably wasn't appropriate to try throw the Marquis name out here. If they wanted to look at the Marquis Reward with some of the best features available for the money they would have gone to http://www.marquisspas.com and found a dealer in their area. You would never see me resort to those kind of tactics to get someone to take a look at the award winning Marquis spas.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 05:48:44 pm »
Stuart...

I agree and I am deeply sorry for doing that...You impress me so much as you are above such things.... ::)

TC

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 09:43:20 pm »
We looked at a number of spas and decided on the Caldera tub.  I found this web site to be extremely helpful in my decision and my advice is to find the tub that fits you and historically been trouble free.  Then buy the one you like the best.  I consider myself to be somewhat frugle however an additional thousand dollars or so is worth all the time you'll spend in your tub.  I have used my tub in sub zero weather and when you're sitting in your tub in total relaxation you'll be glad you purchased the tub you really wanted.  It's a great feeling.......Good Luck.

TC

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:44:57 pm »
We looked at a number of spas and decided on the Caldera tub.  I found this web site to be extremely helpful in my decision and my advice is to find the tub that fits you and historically been trouble free.  Then buy the one you like the best.  I consider myself to be somewhat frugle however an additional thousand dollars or so is worth all the time you'll spend in your tub.  I have used my tub in sub zero weather and when you're sitting in your tub in total relaxation you'll be glad you purchased the tub you really wanted.  It's a great feeling.......Good Luck.

TC

Sound advice

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:44:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42