What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal Spas  (Read 3062 times)

Chris_H

Cal Spas
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:44:39 am »
Hello All,

I was reading the Cal Spa warranty on this web-page: http://calspas.com/2003live/parts/images/2005_Spa_Manual.pdf

As I was reading, it stated that ALL Cal Spas manufactured after December 1, 2004 have a 5-year warranty.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  

If anyone wants to put their personal thoughts on this that would also be appreciated.

Chris

Hot Tub Forum

Cal Spas
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:44:39 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Cal Spas
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 12:22:23 pm »
Since Cal Spa's doesn't seem to like honoring their warranty, then what difference does it make?
Brewman
Brewman

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
YRe: Cal Spas
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 01:20:34 pm »
It doesn't matter how long cal spas warranty is,or what it says.Like Brewman said there probally not going to honor it anyway.Ask Yorag what he thinks!!!

Yorag

• Big Cal Spas Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 02:00:19 pm »
Cal Spas warranties are only as good as the dealer who sold you the spa. In my case, the dealer dissappeared before the warranty expired and I had to deal directly witht the factory in Pomona. The factory made numerous attempts to invalidate my warranty in a myriad of ways, over the phone. It was by far the worse customer service I have ever experienced.
If you're buying a Cal Spas tub, make sure your dealer will stand behind the warranty and will uphold the terms. Without him, you'll be in for a long battle. My little war with them took almost 4 months to resolve.

For the details of my particular case, read the post; "Take My Cal Spa..... Please"

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
;) ;)Re: Cal Spas
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 02:39:19 pm »
WOW, Cal Spas warrantee is only as good as the invisible ink that it is written on. YES, invisible ink.
You take it from there... ;)

nicker

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 08:55:18 am »
so to sum it up in short DON'T BUY A CALL SPA and you will be a much happier person in the long run  :-*

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 09:51:19 am »
It just seems that anyone who has aligned themselves with this product is not a happy camper. That is what I read into it.

Good Luck in your spa venture... ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 12:18:54 pm »
I find it interesting that all of the major name spa brands get mentioned quite a bit on this board, except for Cal Spa.  People speak out about how we like our Sundances, Hot Springs, Marquis, Caldera, ect......, but never a mention of Cal Spa, unless it's an irate owner.
They must be a major brand, they have more stores in my area than any other brand, hands down.

Brewman
Brewman

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 12:36:08 pm »
Hey read page 102 in the manual you sent the link to:

"see you Cal Spas dealer for a copy of the APPLICABLE warranty ..."

As always the warranty they show in the manual is not necessarilly your warranty.  They bait and switch to a 1 year warranty if you buy a pre-configured factory special.

So the answer to your question: does that cover ALL CalSpas is NO NO NO

Besides they dishonor it at every turn anyway as all other posters have said.

BIG_PAPA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
tRe: Cal Spas
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 01:37:01 pm »
If Cal Spa was as good at makeing a spa, and standing buy there product,as they are at marketing they would probally be the biggest spa manufature out there.

Hot Tub Forum

tRe: Cal Spas
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 01:37:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42