What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally Changing Chemicals To Nature 2  (Read 1896 times)

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Finally Changing Chemicals To Nature 2
« on: December 31, 2004, 08:16:57 am »
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL  :D :D  Today we are finally changing our spa chemicals from Baqua to Fresh Water (Nature 2) from Hot Springs.  Has been to cold in Michigan but finally is a little warmer, we drained spa yesterday. Water should be ready this morning to add chemicals.  My question is should we add the spa shock before or after every use?  Also should we add the shock daily even if we don't use the tub?  I have read on the forum that some people do that for best results.  I was told just to add the Spa Guard Sanitizer only on start up to activate the Fresh Water stick.  Is that the only time I need to add it ?  Hoping new chemicals will work for us never had clear water with Baqua and always had lot of foam.  Will let everyone know how new chemicals work.  Lynnette

Hot Tub Forum

Finally Changing Chemicals To Nature 2
« on: December 31, 2004, 08:16:57 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Finally Changing Chemicals To Nature 2
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 10:47:08 am »
My question is should we add the spa shock before or after every use?
Either one works fine. The book recommends before use, and that makes sense. The shock is gone very quickly, and keep in mind that it is simply an oxidizer - similar to hydrogen peroxide.
Also should we add the shock daily even if we don't use the tub?
First of all, there really SHOULDN'T BE a day in which you don't use your spa, but setting that aside for a moment, this is best solved by trial and error. I don't add shock unless I'm using the tub, and (true confession) mine may go many days between uses.  ::)
I was told just to add the Spa Guard Sanitizer only on start up to activate the Fresh Water stick.  Is that the only time I need to add it ?
Yes, a chlorine shock on startup is a good idea, but it's mainly to get rid of anything lurking in the pipes of a new spa. Since you are 'coming over,' I would say that a shock couldn't hurt, but isn't a must. BTW you have it backwards: the MPS (shock product) is what kick-starts the Silver Ion cartridge. You will want to do a chlorine shock once a month, and after a group exits your spa.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 11:02:21 am »
Thanks Chas for making it clear to me what each chemical does and when to use it. Wow is the water clear, never had water like this with Baqua.  Looks like Nature 2 is the way to go, glad we finally made the switch.   :) :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 11:02:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42