What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Start up question  (Read 1973 times)

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
Start up question
« on: December 31, 2004, 05:33:26 pm »
Filled tub this morning and because I have to work until 1 a.m. I added the start up chems  The temp was only 50 degrees will I have to repeat or am I ok.  Added stain and scale, alk increaser, ph increaser, clorine, and calcium hardness what do you all think  waited soooooo long for this I should have waited a few more hours.

Hot Tub Forum

Start up question
« on: December 31, 2004, 05:33:26 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Start up question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 07:09:11 pm »
Filled tub this morning and because I have to work until 1 a.m. I added the start up chems  The temp was only 50 degrees will I have to repeat or am I ok.  Added stain and scale, alk increaser, ph increaser, clorine, and calcium hardness what do you all think  waited soooooo long for this I should have waited a few more hours.

Sorry I bypassed this earlier! You should be fine however, it really is best to do this in stages;

Try to wait until 90 degrees or more to add granular chemicals as they will dissipate faster and not set on the bottom of the spa.

Adjust your Alkalinity and Calcium hardness first and then test PH.

We won't fault you for being excited! ;)

I wouldn't redo anything at this point just move forward from here.

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 07:34:41 pm »
Thanks Stuart, my wife just called the tub is up to 80 degrees we may have the best New Years day ever ;D

mhraracing

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 08:13:39 pm »
J - my Geneva went up 5 degrees per hour - 55 to 85 in 6 hours.  You should be pretty close to 100 by 11:30 give or take !!!!   :D

Will be all set for the new year !!!!
Caldera Geneva Utopia

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 08:13:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42