What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caspian by Tiger River problems  (Read 5727 times)

pridge

Caspian by Tiger River problems
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:21:31 am »
I bought a Caspian by Tiger River about 6 months ago.  I have had nothing but trouble-  power light flashing, no heat, cloudy water.  The dealer has been terrific and has made several trips out and finally replaced the tub about a month ago.  They said there was a problem with the ozonator.  Initially the heat did not work in the new tub. They fixed that and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Now the power light started flashing, I reset the circuit breaker, power light stays on, jets work but now have no heat.  Have you heard of any problems with this particular brand of hot tub?  Seems odd that I would have the same problems with the replacement tub.  

Thanks for any help.

Paula

Hot Tub Forum

Caspian by Tiger River problems
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:21:31 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Caspian by Tiger River problems
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 09:50:41 am »
Red light flashing means that the heater has overheated. That is usually caused by nothing more serious than a dirty filter. I suggest you turn off power to the spa, pull and clean the filter, and then put the filter back in place.

Next you will need to push the reset button on the heater, very firmly. No, it will not make an audible 'click,' and you may not feel it move.

Then turn on the breaker which runs only the pumps: I think it's the 30 amp breaker. It's easy enough to find out, turn on the one that makes the control panel start up and leave the other one off. This is so you can be sure the pumps are all primed and running before you turn on the heater. Run the jets for a few moments, then shut down to be sure you see the normal bubbles coming up from the floor from the ozonator.

Turn on the remaining circuit breaker now.

You should be good to go.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Caspian by Tiger River problems
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 09:50:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42