What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Greetings - New Tub With Waterline Ring  (Read 3469 times)

hawkman

Greetings - New Tub With Waterline Ring
« on: December 22, 2004, 11:03:47 am »
Ok the new Caldera is up and running since Friday. As soon as it started there was some orange crud around the ring of the tub. I keep wiping it out and there was still some more today. The dealer says it may be like that for a couple of weeks.

I am using Soft Soak chemicals which includes a Waterline Control and Santitizer.

Any comments on this? The water is clear and smells fine. I had it tested and I am good to go there too.

Hot Tub Forum

Greetings - New Tub With Waterline Ring
« on: December 22, 2004, 11:03:47 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Greetings - New Tub With Waterline Ring
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 11:53:25 am »
Ok the new Caldera is up and running since Friday. As soon as it started there was some orange crud around the ring of the tub. I keep wiping it out and there was still some more today. The dealer says it may be like that for a couple of weeks.

I am using Soft Soak chemicals which includes a Waterline Control and Santitizer.

Any comments on this? The water is clear and smells fine. I had it tested and I am good to go there too.

You probably have the pearl shell. I see this often and its a reflection of the water itself. Your issue may be different but if your water source is similar to ours I tell people to wipe it down with a soft cloth and expect it'll come back a bit and wipe it again. We have people use metal gon but that does not get rid of this issue.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 11:57:20 am »
There are often things which cause a waterline on startup - and then go away over time. I'm not real familiar with soft soak, but I know that many Biquanide systems coat things up pretty good at the start.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 03:05:36 pm »
Quite often if you have a high chlorine content in your tap water and are using softsoak you will experience this orange line. Just make sure your balance is correct, add a bit more waterline control and wipe the line away, it should be fine....

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 03:35:11 pm »
Quite often if you have a high chlorine content in your tap water and are using softsoak you will experience this orange line. Just make sure your balance is correct, add a bit more waterline control and wipe the line away, it should be fine....

Right on the money Stewey!
Same with Baqua and all biguanides.  Some times you get a little reaction from the chlorine in the tap.  
A little background as explained to me about biguanide.  -Chlorine and Bromine "burn" the bacteria to kill it while Hydrogen Peroxide (biguanide) systems "shred" the bacteria.  So what is left is a bunch of tiny pieces of bacteria/germs.  The shreded pieces tend to flow right through the filter pores.  Enter: Waterline Control.  WLC will "coagulate" the shredded pieces (rather "Glue") them together so that the filter can collect the clumps of dead shredded bacteria/germs/coodies.  This is why you here that the biguanide systems are "tough" on filters.  There is a little more maintainence (soaking) involved.

200 here I come
¿

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 04:01:11 pm »
There are often things which cause a waterline on startup - and then go away over time. I'm not real familiar with soft soak, but I know that many Biquanide systems coat things up pretty good at the start.

Agreed.  When we started on Baqua Spa, after the first few weeks, we had that grunge ring.  I scrubbed it away and that was that.  Never appeared again.  
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 04:01:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42