What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limited Space...  (Read 2319 times)

dgfla

Limited Space...
« on: December 21, 2004, 08:12:49 pm »
Hi All.
Tis the season for a hot soak. Would like to hear opinions fron this active and  board regarding the best quality, flow rate and quantity of jets on a small Spa.
I am wet testing the Sundance Capri tomorrow morning and it is being presented as a small spa with all the features of a larger spa. I am installing the spa in my atrium and I am limited to 6 feet in width. I have looked at the Hotsprings Jetsetter and a Vita Bijou. Both of these spas are much less expensive and to the untrained eye appears to be justified. The Specs suggest that the Capri has more powerfull jets and more of them.  Pricing discussed so far is  Jetsetter 5400.00, Bijou 4100.00 and Sundance Capri 6700.00. The price on the Capri seems a little high when I see that much larger spas are not much more.   I don't mind paying more for for quality but ofcourse don't want to get hosed. Please forward your opinions as this is a large investment and I don't want to regret it...

tks and happy holidays to all,

dg

Hot Tub Forum

Limited Space...
« on: December 21, 2004, 08:12:49 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Limited Space...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 08:24:21 pm »
Well here's another idea for you! It's called the Marquis Hidaway and even our builders are excited about this one for master bedroom decks! This should sell for less than $4000 yet is full featured....

http://www.marquisspas.com
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 08:25:10 pm by stuart »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 10:22:11 pm »
Hey dgfla and welcome.

Number of jets don't always directly relate to end therapy. Flow rates don't mean much to the average Joe as more isn't always better. It has more to do with the type of therapy than number of jets or HP.

In order to make sure the spas mentioned are right for you, is to wet test them. As you mentioned, it's something very specific that you require and the time spent testing these will help prevent you from making an incorrect purchase. I'm sure you'll come away with a far better idea once you've completed your wet tests. Let us know your thoughts once you have.

Most every manufacturer makes a smaller spa for applications such as yours.

That Marquis looks interesting...

Steve

poolboy34

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 11:55:16 pm »
try looking at the D-1 Triad II, excelent small spa.  Lots of bang for your buck.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 12:04:26 am »
As Stuart mentions the hideaway is a very nice small spa at a affordable price....Also from Marquis would be the Spirit....It would fit your size requirements and offers features comparable to the Sundance and Hot Springs...should be priced in the 5k range.....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 09:03:36 am »
I agree with both Mendo and poolboy, I think it would be a mistake to not look at the Triad II and the Spirit....

IMO, the Triad is the highest featured small spa made! It is the Porsche or the BMW Z8 of spas.

The Spirit is what I call a "make sense" spa. Every part of the construction and engineering makes sense....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 10:58:52 am »
I have looked at the Hotsprings Jetsetter. dg
Not many HS dealers will keep a Jetsetter hot and ready for a test soak, although I am considering it for next year since I sold almost as many Jetsetters as Grandees this year!

Sitting in it dry will give you an idea of size, not comfort of course - very different wet. But you can wet test the Sovereign to find out about the Moto Massage and the other jets. It's a very good tub: well built, well backed, well like by my customers who select it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 10:58:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42