What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vista -- well water, power outage questions  (Read 2842 times)

pslmd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Vista -- well water, power outage questions
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:12:18 pm »
        I recently purchased the HS Vista with some good advice from your forum -- the dealer ageed to match the Caldera Geneva price of $7500 (new) including ALL the extras except the stereo.  I liked the Geneva a lot -- in many respects even better (slightly), however I couldn't turn down the suberb filtering with the vista, and superb price which I felt more than compensated for the minor wet test differences.
         My questions are 1)  We have well water, is the prefilter that attaches to the hose sufficient or do I need a better filtering system?
2)   I am putting this tub outside by a second property I have that gets A LOT of snow.  I am worried if the breaker trips, or power fails I may not know till the pipes freeze since I am only there sometimes once every week or two.  Is there something I can use as a backup to keep the pipes warm, or at least call me if there is an outage?  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Vista -- well water, power outage questions
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:12:18 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Vista -- well water, power outage questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 06:49:03 am »
Sorry, I can't answer your questions!  I just wanted to say Congratulations on the Vista!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 07:09:34 am »
I recently heard an ad on the radio for a device that will call you if the temperature drops below a set threshold.  I think it was from a heating company.  You might check with a heating fuel suppllier.

Also with my well water the pre-filter works fine.  You shouldn't need anything else.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 07:10:53 am by tonyp »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 08:32:30 am »
Do you have anyone in the area you could ask to keep an eye on the spa for you?  Some people we know have this for their lake home, which is about 3 hours north of where we live.  Their neighbor, who lives there year around,  goes over every couple days in the winter and checks things out.  
Brewman
Brewman

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 11:04:05 am »
Here's one that I found with a quick google search on - temperature alarm

http://www.comforthouse.com/comfort/temal.html

Here's one for spas.  I searched on - spa temerature alarm telephone

http://www.save-on-security.com/SWM-100%20Low%20Temp%20Alert%20System%20with%20Telephone%20Dialer.htm
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 11:07:21 am by tonyp »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 11:04:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42