What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New tub!!!  (Read 3875 times)

BBSara

New tub!!!
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:52:32 pm »
Well Friday is the big day.  Bought a Sweetwater Bahiia, (CD Ozone, Stereo ,LED lights).  The rain has finally stopped so hapefully there wont be any problems with delivery.
Have monitered this site for quite a while and am still confused and undecided about what water purification  system and produts we will use.  I'm hoping that it will be more understandlable once I'm  woking with it.
Will entertain any opinions and suggestions. ( Do know that I don't like the smell of chlorine )

Hot Tub Forum

New tub!!!
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:52:32 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: New tub!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 08:58:12 pm »
Congrats and welcome. Keep us posted and show us pics if you can.

If you are in the U.S. I would say that the system that makes the most sense is Nature II w/dichlor for ocassional sanitizing and oxidizing. MPS sounds hard on pH and therefore hard on yur TDS.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 07:38:06 am »
BBSara,

Congratulations and welcome!  First piece of advice--relax...relax...relax!  Your tub shouldn't have the "chlorine smell" I imagine you are referring to.  If it is like public swimming pools (or public spa, for that matter), your personal tub should not smell like that.  I use chlorine (aka Dichlor) for sanitizer and shock, with ozone.  I have slowly worked a system for myself.

Just ask GeorgiaPeach!!  She'll tell you the same thing!  You CAN do this!  You don't even have to know Nuclear Metrology!   ;D

I don't know about Bromine, except the things I have read here...some bromine even has chlorine in it.

What does your dealer recommend?  That is a place to start!

Good luck!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

georgiapeach

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 07:57:09 am »
BBSara,

Congratulations and welcome!  First piece of advice--relax...relax...relax!  Your tub shouldn't have the "chlorine smell" I imagine you are referring to.  If it is like public swimming pools (or public spa, for that matter), your personal tub should not smell like that.  I use chlorine (aka Dichlor) for sanitizer and shock, with ozone.  I have slowly worked a system for myself.

Just ask GeorgiaPeach!!  She'll tell you the same thing!  You CAN do this!  You don't even have to know Nuclear Metrology!   ;D

I don't know about Bromine, except the things I have read here...some bromine even has chlorine in it.

What does your dealer recommend?  That is a place to start!

Good luck!

BBSara,

CONGRATULATIONS!  Believe me, if I can do this, anyone can!   ;D....the folks here are great though.  Lori kept me very calm (or tried to... ;D)  I got my Grandee on 11 November and it's amazing how easy it is to keep up with.  It's so easy that sometimes I wonder if I'm not doing something I'm supposed to be doing...LOL....One piece of advice....make sure you rinse out bathing suits thoroughly if washing or don't use soap....my neighbors got in with me a couple of weeks ago and I got a sudsy tub... :-(  I was told to be careful of that, but of course, I didn't think to tell my friends that....UGH.  

Peachy

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 08:02:39 am »
still confused and undecided about what water purification  system and produts we will use.  ..............................( Do know that I don't like the smell of chlorine )

Just an opinion, but I would start with that the dealer gives you as most give you a start up kit of some sort. Start with that, make the mistakes everyone does, get use to it and then you will have a good basis for comparison of other methods.

As a chlorine user, you need not ever smell it.   Put it in right after you use the tub, assuming you aren't going to use it in a few hours.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Russ

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 08:49:38 am »
Great! Another rookie. I will be reading heavily the next week to see how things go.
The electricians will be at my house tomorrow to do all the electrical for my new Sundance Altamar. Hopefully it will be delivered next week!  ;D ;D ;D
I'm very excited and apprehensive too.

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 09:29:33 am »
I whole heartedly agree that Dichlor and N2 is the way to go.  I purchased my N2 from one of those auctions sites(you all know which one) so it was alot cheaper than from my dealer...sorry dealers!!!!.....It cut my dichlor usage in half and I never have a chlorine smell.  You will find it is a lot easier than you think.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 12:26:59 pm »
BBSara and Russ,
Congrats to the both of you on your new tubs!  May the goddess of Spatopia bless you both with crystal water......and the goddess recommends dichlor as your primary sanitizer!
Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 12:26:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42