What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Least smelly chemicals?  (Read 3069 times)

xrdirthead

Least smelly chemicals?
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:21:27 pm »
Hi,
This is my fist hot tub and I'm wondering what would be the best chemicals to use on a indoor tub. Are some less smelly than others?
I have been reading the threads in this forum but I'm confused about the use of the Nature 2. It sounded like I wouldn't need chlorine or bromine with nature 2. I would just need dichlor and MPS on a regular basis but later I found some threads where people did use chlorine with it.
If someone could help me set up my hot tub correctly the first time I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ed

Hot Tub Forum

Least smelly chemicals?
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:21:27 pm »

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
Re: Least smelly chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 08:58:24 pm »
We use Pristineblue which is chlorine free.  No odors and EPA approved.  Go to WWW.Pristineblue.com   to learn more and see if this one is one your interested in.  We have used it for a couple of months now and just love it.  Our first tub and I can't stand the chlorine smell.  Really hiper nose for chlorine, so our dealer said to use this Pristineblue type.  

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 09:39:32 pm »
dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine = dichlor = chlorine
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

xrdirthead

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 12:48:53 am »
I'm so lost on the chemical issue. The more I read the more I'm confused.
Thanks Winnsome. I'll look into the Pristineblue.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 02:55:19 am »
Pristineblue might be a fine product but it is not availble in all states....some EPA will not allow it....I am unsure as to why.... Pristineblue shared this with me at the NSPI show....Is it a proxide based like baqua products

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 02:42:54 pm »
You may want to check out The Natural for an indoor spa.  It is an enzyme product that you use with a very little dichlor.  Your water lasts longer so fewer water changes.  Doc's site rhtubs.com has some good info on this product.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 02:42:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42