What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dichor vs. Bromine - opinions please?  (Read 3338 times)

steve771

Dichor vs. Bromine - opinions please?
« on: December 06, 2004, 02:02:09 pm »
As I near my first water change, I'm thinking of switching from dichlor to bromine.  Not because I'm unhappy with dichlor's performance, but because my wife is a little sensitive to dichlor.  (but then she is more sensitive to most things than I am)   She isn't overly sensitive though, so if sticking with dichlor would be "better", I can do that.

Would a switch to bromine be "better", and if so, how?

(I suppose this topic has been brought up before, but I tried searching the forums and didn't get much)

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Dichor vs. Bromine - opinions please?
« on: December 06, 2004, 02:02:09 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Dichor vs. Bromine - opinions please?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 02:10:16 pm »
... my wife is a little sensitive to dichlor.  (but then she is more sensitive to most things than I am)   She isn't overly sensitive though, so if sticking with dichlor would be "better", I can do that.
Most Bromine tabs have 40% or more chlorine, so you won't truly be getting away from Chlorine unless you try something like powdered Bromine or "Brilliance." These products work fine, but you need to add an oxidizer about once per week.

Brilliance
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:34:36 pm »
We're new to hot tubs, but as your wife is, mine also hates the chlorine/bromine chemicals.  Our dealer recommended a product called Pristineblue.  We have used this now for a couple of months and absolutely love it.  My daughter and her family also switched.  
www.Pristineblue.com

I think it's a lot like Nature2, but not sure.  One of the resident experts could tell you more. (and me too)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 02:56:49 pm »
I've been using Brilliance for about 5 weeks now, and so far we are happy.  We swithched from Baqua Spa.
As Chas said, Brilliance doesn't contain Chlorine.
Other than the Bromine, MPS, and a weekly dose of Metal B Gon, or whatever they call it, there isn't anything else to mess with.
It did take a couple weeks to get the floating dispenser dialed in, but now everything is going well.
Brewman
Brewman

wetone

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 04:08:05 pm »
We used bromine for a long time, always seem to strugle to keep the water clear. Switched to Dichlor with nature 2 and love it.

Just our experiance.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 04:08:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42