What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS heater question  (Read 1856 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HS heater question
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:24:56 pm »
I would appreciate some advice regarding my HS Jetsetter. Having only had it a short time I’m not sure what’s reasonable to expect from my heater. It was about 34 degrees tonight while I enjoyed a relaxing soak. I had the jets on the whole time. The water did not feel as hot after about a half hour, but I figured my skin must have just acclimated to the temperature. However, when I got out I noticed the “correct temperature light” was not on. After cover was put back on it took about 7 to 10 minutes for it to reach the pre-set temperature again. I purposely paid extra to have a 230 line put in so the heater would continue working while the jets were on. Is it normal for the temperature to drop under these circumstances, or should the water stay at 102 the whole time even with the jets on? Thanks in advance for you help!

Hot Tub Forum

HS heater question
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:24:56 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: HS heater question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 12:28:39 am »
Your Jetsetter should stay warm. I'll admit that 34 degrees is cold. Who am I kidding? 64 is cold to me!! :o

Do this simple test on your next soak: turn the heat up a couple of degrees, and then turn on the jets. Put your foot over the return fitting. It should feel hot. It should stay that way even with the jets on. If not, then you may have a simple jumper setting out of place: there are jumpers to allow the heat to run at any time on a 220 spa. It's possible that this jumper did not get switched.  If that's the case, then the heat would go off as soon as the jets come on.

The speed with which it reheats sounds like it is hooked up correctly to heat on 220, it just may not be doing it with the jets. That would be possible if the installer changed the power block jumpers but not the circuit board jumpers.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 10:18:29 am »
Thanks Chas! This is precisely the information I was looking for. My electrician really labored over the schematics, which made me a little nervous. I agree it seems to reheat quick enough (and it re-heats “new” water) like a 230 heater, but the part about the jumper to the circuit board not being switched is an intriguing notion. Dollars to donuts you’re right. I wanted to get an independent opinion before calling my dealer. It’s much easier to go in with a specific question. Thanks again. :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 10:54:06 am »
No charge.    ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 10:54:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42