What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis problems  (Read 5423 times)

Elle

• Underpromise; overdeliver.
Marquis problems
« on: November 26, 2004, 05:14:42 pm »
I have a brand new Euphoria as of the first of November.  Everything was going along skippingly until I went out of town for a few days leaving the care of the hot tub to my husband.  I came back to cloudy water that I haven't been able to clear.  I've tried a clarifier, shocking, adding bromine, etc.  Nothing works.  The water looks uninviting, to say the least.  I'm ready to dump the water and start over.  HELP!!!

But, my real issues are with the tub itself.  I have my spa guy coming out here tomorrow because the one side of my tub is not shutting off after its 15 minute cycles like it is supposed to do.  It is also pulsing during the high jet cycle....like the water stops and then pulses out the jets, then stops again, etc.  It would appear the water level is low, but that is not the case.  When I opened the lid today I noticed that only one side of the tub was actually circulating the water.  THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!

We bought the Marquis brand for the high quality of the enginering and fantastic warranty.  We shall see how this all plays out.  It is so discouraging to have these issues so early on.  My dear husband is pitching a fit about our $8,000.000 POS in the backyard.  UGH!  I take his comments personally because I'm the one that did all the research.  KWIM?

I really want to work on fixing the state of my water chemistry (low TA- 60...everything else in line), but the dh doesn't want the jets running while we are having these issues.  I don't blame him.  I just hate that the water is sitting out there getting greener by the minute.

Elle

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis problems
« on: November 26, 2004, 05:14:42 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Marquis problems
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 05:23:52 pm »
My guess is that you have something clogging the filters. This isn't uncommon in the first few months of use simply because you will add more oils than any other time. Here's a test, pull the filters(make sure nothing is in the spa that can be pulled into the pumps) and turn the jets on. If the surging goes away then you need to do a deep soak and rinse on your filters. If it doesn't then double check your water level. If you eliminate these and still have a surging issue then you need to get a tech out.

I'm addressing the surging because if you have an issue with filtration or water level you won't be able to keep the water clean.

I would also be interested in what your filter cycles and smart clean cycle is set at.....

Elle

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 05:30:05 pm »
My tub filters 2x a day for 2 hrs and for 1 hour after each use.

The water level is about 3/4 of the way up the filter, and I've deep rinsed the filters twice today.  :(

I'm sitting here listening to it filtering outside as I type.

Elle

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 05:33:28 pm »
Rinsing the filters does not always get the oils out that clog up the filters. Are you using a degreaser?

Elle

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 05:47:15 pm »
Rinsing the filters does not always get the oils out that clog up the filters. Are you using a degreaser?

No, I will have to go out in the morning and get some of that.  My filters looked unbelievably clean, considering how much we've used the tub.  But I guess you wouldn't see the oils.

Honestly, I think I have a tub that was made on a friday afternoon.  LOL...or make that COL.

Elle

Elle

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 05:49:09 pm »
One more thing....I just went out and lifted the lid during the filter cycle.  Only one side was working.  I'm sure if I have one dead side of the tub (or whatever), the water is not getting completely filtered and that is leading to my cloudy water problem.

Elle

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 06:01:41 pm »
One more thing....I just went out and lifted the lid during the filter cycle.  Only one side was working.  I'm sure if I have one dead side of the tub (or whatever), the water is not getting completely filtered and that is leading to my cloudy water problem.

Elle

Only one pump comes on during a normal filter cycle, that will turn over plenty of water. Both pumps only come on for a short time to purge the system. You might boost your filter cycles to 3 hours each for your use, everyone is differant.

Elle

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2004, 06:07:38 pm »
Only one pump comes on during a normal filter cycle, that will turn over plenty of water. Both pumps only come on for a short time to purge the system. You might boost your filter cycles to 3 hours each for your use, everyone is differant.

So are you saying that only one side of the tub should be working during a cleaning cycle?  It seems to me that when we first got the tub all the jets would work during the cleaning cycle (depending on what jets were open).  We could switch the diverters and all the jets would open.  I realize that it only runs the pumps on low during a cleaning cycle, but it seems that both sides of the tub should work.  
I was thinking of changing to 3 or even 4 hour cycles.  ONce I get this mess sorted out I'll do that.

Elle

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 06:16:59 pm »
You should not need to go to 4 hours, if you would PM me and tell me who your dealer is. I would like to get involved and make this easier but I need to know how they set you up in the beginning. I know most of the dealers quite well......

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 06:57:59 pm »
Elle,

Follow Stuarts advice.  He is right on.  My bet is that the filters are oily and need to be soaked in a degreaser.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 06:57:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42