What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Project delay  (Read 2840 times)

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
Project delay
« on: November 13, 2004, 04:32:59 pm »
  We purchased our tub with fifty percent down the last weekend of August.  The project, a small eight foot addition to our bedroom which included a new bathroom and a deck is hopelessly delayed.  The deck is now out due to rear yard setbacks so we are now getting prices on a patio.  My question is should I offer my dealer more money as my tub has been in since the first week of Oct.  This delay is killing me dont want to kill him too. >:(

Hot Tub Forum

Project delay
« on: November 13, 2004, 04:32:59 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Project delay
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »
Just be as up front with them as you can.  
We got our spa late in winter, and they said to call and give them a few days notice for delivery.  They held our spa for us for about 3 months, no problem.  
Bet yours dealer will be willing to work with you.  
I gotta believe that these kind of delays happen all the time.  
Brewman
Brewman

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 05:38:22 pm »
We put a $1000 deposit down our Optima on Memorial Day weekend.  Our backyard landscaping took quite a bit longer than I had originally expected.  We finally had it delivered and paid the balance at the end of October.  

Luckily our dealer was completely no-pressure when it came to completing the deal.  I think I went to the dealer two or three times saying "Three more weeks..."

If it was me, I'd be pretty hesitant about giving the dealer any more money if I'd already given them a 50% deposit.  If they would go out of business or something, that's a lot of money to lose with nothing to show for it.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 08:55:54 am »
Depending on where you live and the space you have, maybe you can have the tub delivered and waiting until the project gets done.

I know a couple of dealers offered it to me. I didn't want a tub sitting out there in the freezing temps with possibly having water in a pipe that may burst. So I didn't opt for it.

If that's not an option, I would keep the dealer informed so he doesn't think you abandoned the tub.

jmig

• caldera geneva utopia
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 02:09:48 pm »
Thanks for all the help.  I called today and he left it up to me.  It might not take that much longer as the mason has called and he can start quickly though Ive heard that line before :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004, 02:09:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42