What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: master spa vs jacuzzi  (Read 11851 times)

luna-c

master spa vs jacuzzi
« on: November 03, 2004, 11:29:42 pm »
Just another newbie here, considering a Master Spa  or a Jacuzzi.  Sales persons tout metal frame and air space between shell & cabinet on Master Spa line as longer lasting and more effective insulation which results in lower operating costs.

The Jacuzzi salesman says their full case insulation is best.  But for the extra $$$ Jacuzzi wants, is there really that much difference in lifespan and operating cost due to difference in insulation & type of frame construction   ?

Hot Tub Forum

master spa vs jacuzzi
« on: November 03, 2004, 11:29:42 pm »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: master spa vs jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:52:32 am »
luna,

Your question could result in a debate that is already well worn.  I suggest, as a Master Spas LSX owner, that you wet test both as well as some other tubs such as HotSprings, Sundance, D1, Caldera, Coleman, etc., etc.  Just stay with a major manufacturer, find the therapy that you like best (wet test, wet test, wet test), find a good dealer and go with that.  Take your time--a $6000-$10000 purchase shouldn't be rushed.  All of the major manufacturers produce quality tubs though they may use different designs.  Just stay away from the "backyard" or "internet" or "big box" tubs.

And read--start with the Reviews here at this site and be sure to catch my review on the LSX.

Good luck!
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Jordy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 10:20:59 am »
Wet-testing is key.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 10:54:47 am »
Luna-C, ( like the name)

Wet testing is the most important thing you can do.  It has to be right for you.  If it comes down to those same two brands I would suggest the Jacuzzi.  I used to carry MasterSpa and had lots of quality issues.  Although that is my experience there are many happy Masterspa owners. ( beat you to it Windsurf )  :P

good luck luna
Measure once, cut twice.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 10:56:37 am »
I would disregard all the BS from both dealers.  Either spa will serve you well for as long as you maintain it.  Go with the one you like best.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 11:15:50 am »
Happy Jacuzzi J-345 owner here.  

I think both products have their pluses and minuses.  As mentioned earlier, definitely your personal preference in terms of wet testing will tell you which one you feel is also built better (trust me, you will be your own best sales person for the brand you choose).  

As I have bought my J-345 from Jordy's Jacuzzi store, I can only speak to the professionalism that Jacuzzi presents itself with.  You don't at all feel like you're buying one from the back of some warehouse, from a shady person.

Back to the actual spa however, one of the things I like most about my Jacuzzi is the opportunity to inject air into the jets or not.  When you put the pumps on, only water is coming out of the jets, which is a very different feeling from air /water mix.  Then you press a button (almost one for each seat in my tub), and inject air into the jets, and have a much firmer massage.

I did wet test a Down East product a long time ago, but obviously, it wasn't enough to convince me to buy.

Happy shopping

Mark_3

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 11:36:37 am »
What models, prices and extras are you comparing?

I was a little suprised to hear the Jacuzzi was more expensive.  That isn't normally the case from what I've seen.  Are these tubs very similar?

Sounds like your on the right track though.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 05:32:15 pm »
The insulation debates have raged for a long time with no clear winner.  Each side has pros and cons, and when done by a reputable manufacturer both can be effective.

Spend some time researching on this forum and you can see many dozens of arguments for and against each insulation type.  When you read enough of them you realize that it is about as much "make or break" difference as, say, whether the tub has handlebars or not!  :)

A dealer who makes that the fulcrum of their salespitch is not being completely honest.

Best of luck.

-Ed

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 05:51:49 pm »
Although that is my experience there are many happy Masterspa owners. ( beat you to it Windsurf )  :P

Did not!!!.......Check out my review I mentioned in the SECOND POST!  nyah, nyah  :P
(oh shux, I promised THE TERMINATOR (wmccall) I'd be good....... ;D)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 07:08:08 pm »
Luna,

As others have recommended, test soak.  Comfort is vital.

The most important part of this equation is the dealer.  If they have a heart for customer service and will ensure that you will be well cared for, that's the one.

Great spas are bad if the dealer can't meet your service needs and bad spas can be ok if the dealer is responsive.

good luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 07:08:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42