What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Installation questions  (Read 2987 times)

wdavis1

Installation questions
« on: October 29, 2004, 05:28:53 pm »
Our Caldera Geneva Utopia  is being delivered next Friday.  It's going to be placed on a concrete slab.
Anyone have any thought s on putting the tub on some kind of material(ruber mats, etc.)?  Would it make the tub any quieter or protect it better?
Anything else I should be aware of orasking the dealer about when he delivers the tub?  

Hot Tub Forum

Installation questions
« on: October 29, 2004, 05:28:53 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Installation questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 05:35:13 pm »
I would say just the concrete alone would be best.  If the material under the spa can soak up water you will have mildew issues.  
Measure once, cut twice.

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 08:07:59 pm »
I would just place it on the concrete.  You never know if the rubber will trap moisture between the wood frame and the rubber and promote rot.  I would not take any chances, the spa will be quite enough.

Sit back and enjoy it.

Jonathan

mhraracing

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 11:57:37 am »
Thanks for asking this question wdavis -  Im moving right along with the excavation process of my concrete pad and was wondering the same thing. Picked up 2 1/2 Ton of 3/8 pea gravel this moring .... now gotta go back out and finish tamping the gravel then shoveling the rock.  Tomorrow its building the forms and laying the re-bar and wire mesh.

To ask along with wdavis - how about the plastic pool flooring to put around the spa - so we dont have to walk on the cold concrete ??? Any thoughts ?? or better yet....does anybody know what that stuff is called ?? Or what other ideas do you suggest to put around the spa.

PS - 99% sure will be buying the same spa as wdavis.
Caldera Geneva Utopia

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 01:18:26 pm »
As a Coleman dealer I have access to the material you askeing about. Although Coleman does not make them, OutBack Essientials makes synthetic steps, bars, lattice and the rubber/plastic base material for Coleman.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 01:21:47 pm »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 01:21:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42