What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best spa under $6000?  (Read 8700 times)

VTX1800

Best spa under $6000?
« on: October 28, 2004, 07:43:29 pm »
Just got back from looking at TR Caspian,  
Everyday 636 and Sweetwater Bahia. I wanted a large spa under $5k, but I guess thats out the window...Warantee and service locally is important to me...

Here is what I got..
Bahia $5500 plus ozenator
Caspian $6100
636 $6675

All included standard covers, free delivery.
None had water in them, so no testing jets, etc. I reaaly wanted to wet test, I am concerned with all of those little jets pounding my skin off, and nobody had a filled hottub.
The TR dealer has been in Jacksonville since the 70's,
and Sweetwater is rep'd by a huge pool supply company (for just over a month) and the Marquis dealer is also brand new.

I really like the 636 alot, but for $1000 less, the Bahia seems more in my price range.

#1) I have never tried a lounger, and am concerned about floating. Anyone have this spa and can tell me if they use the lounger?
#2) What is a good price anyone has paid on a 636?
I would go with the 636 if I could get them down to the Bahia price range.

I am ready to buy, but I am confused. Any other sugesstions from OWNERS?

Hot Tub Forum

Best spa under $6000?
« on: October 28, 2004, 07:43:29 pm »

poolboy34

Re: Best spa under $6000?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:00:45 pm »
First off, all three are great spas made by three of the most reputable manufacturers in the industry.  You can't go wrong with either of them.   Go with what you're most comfortable with, and what will meet you and your families needs and expectations.

Jason,
Store manager for a D-1 & Caldera Dealer

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 08:05:47 pm »
Not an owner yet but did a lot of shopping.

I have a friend who has a Bahia and loves it. I looked at it and it was $6400 (NJ price) with ozonator, upgraded filter (Sundance) steps and LED light.

I believe it comes standard with plastic skirting, 2 therapy pumps and circ pump. Probably if I saw it at that price I would have bought it. I can't say anything about the other 2.

As far as the lounger, I believe from what I read you either love it or hate it. From what it sounds like some people who buy their next tub usually do so without a lounger.

Just my 2 cents - Good Luck!

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 08:35:03 pm »
As said, all great tubs... wet testing will give you the answers  you seek - I wouldn't recommend a spa purchase without some wet testing.

Get wet! and good luck.
e

Top_Cat

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 10:07:08 pm »
If you "really like the 636" and have soaked in it then that's what you should buy. Life's too short to buy the next best.

VTX1800

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 10:40:43 pm »
Guys, none of these bozo's had the tubs hooked up.
Every dealer here in Jacksonville had thier top-of-the-line hooked up and nothing else. I guess I must live in the sticks.
No redneck jokes please, it will only make me mad.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 11:27:48 pm »
If your idea of a vacation involves bars...you might be a ....no I won't go there.

Did you ask or just see that only top of the line was full. Some dealers are limited that way for any number or reasons. Other, better planned reatil environments have electrical hookups that be moved from one tub to the next.

The dealer that fills the tub for you is either the best customer service or most desperate to sell.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chaser1

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 11:39:43 pm »
In my opinion the 636 is the smartest designed spa in the industry. It has a full lounge that doesn't take up an entire side. It has the intimate seat where you can get more one on one time in your spa which if you are like me and the spa is the only place me and my wife get time to conversate. One of very few that have 3 cool down seats at different hrights each with a set of jets to message your lower back. Two seat with upper water neck jets and backed by one of the most reputable spa manufactures in the market.

Upgraded to the Z package which gives this spa the no matainence siding and the frog system makes this one of the smartest spas on the market

Just a thaught

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 07:26:43 am »
ya might want to drive a small distance to experience a wet test before making a decision.
i had a tub picked out and thought it was the one until i wet tested it and now i prefer my third choice.
so it might be worth your while to make a day trip for shopping tubs.
i have been shopping now for several weeks.
good luck!    :)

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 07:37:09 am »
I ended up traveling 30 minutes to wet test the spa that I though was right after testing a larger and smaller one at my locate dealer.  I also same some good bucks in the process.

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 08:25:01 am »
I also live in Jacksonville and have been wet testing tubs. Looked at the Hot Spring Sovreign and Jacuzzi J365. Really liked the J365, it was about 6300. Also considering having one built in. There is a company here that orders the shells and customizes the jets to the customer liking. May want to check them out. Had a number of styles available

Top_Cat

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 08:40:55 am »
Just looked again at your choices. The 636 has a lounge seat, the others do not. IMO, your first decision should be whether or not you want a lounge seat in your spa.

In any case I recommend not buying any spa that you haven't wet tested.

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 10:02:02 am »
The Everyday 636 was not a familar model to me and then I found out it was a Marquis. No dealers within 75 miles of me. When this far away can I get quotes from any dealer? Anyone want to email me prices on Marquis/Everyday?

Lucas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 10:47:09 am »
Thats to much money for the 636.  I didnt pay that much for my Euphoria.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 10:47:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42