What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spas  (Read 3472 times)

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Coast Spas
« on: October 20, 2004, 06:58:57 pm »
Does anyone have any information they would like to share about Coast Spas??  We're looking for a new line of spas in an oversaturated area.....
Not sure about the Canada thing

Hot Tub Forum

Coast Spas
« on: October 20, 2004, 06:58:57 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Coast Spas
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 10:12:24 am »
They have glitz and glitter, but they are owned by a former Cal Spa owner.  I wouldn’t want to be associated with that type of ownership.  

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 11:15:13 am »
Does anyone have any information they would like to share about Coast Spas??  We're looking for a new line of spas in an oversaturated area.....
Not sure about the Canada thing

What do you mean "not sure aboot the Canada thing"!!??

All joking aside, I feel that Coast features, options and design closely resemble CalSpa's. I will let dealers and tub owners answer if the quality and cs is the same.

HotTubMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Zoo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi leisure,

I have seen quite a bit of the Coast Spas at the big exhibitions as well as at local fairs and at showrooms. They are big on glammer and features (volcano jets, stucco cabnitry, fibre optic lighting, CD players, built in LCD tvs, water proof remote controls etc). Their promotional DVD is a hoot with Leslie Neilson making several sexual innuendos to two beautiful ladies in the tub with him as he describes the pressue and power of the systems. You also get a factory tour etc in the DVD.
They also have some crazy upgrades such as a 7 HP pump system. From what I have read here this would pretty much be impossible due to the amperage that this pump would draw. It is likely that they are quoting peak horsepower versus brake horsepower (i.e. it is probably more like a 4-5 HP pump).
   All this being said it is a tub with a full foamed design and you will find a lot of happy customers on this and other forums that have had several trouble free years with their spas. Although this company is not on my shortlist I would recommend that you wet test it against companies such as D1, Marquis, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Beachcomber etc and decide for yourself. If you like some pizazz in your tub LED lighting is available in all of these tubs and several have some nifty lighting outside of the tub (e.g. Beachcomber garden package, Clarion on Hot Springs) for lighting up your night. Most owners however will probably tell you that the novelty of this stuff wears off after a while and they just like to soak and take in the stars.

Good luck with you search and WET TEST, WET TEST, WET TEST!

Zoo

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 12:06:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42