What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSprings Grandee  (Read 4983 times)

corys510

HotSprings Grandee
« on: October 12, 2004, 04:04:48 pm »
Hey
I was quoted $8995.00 for the Grandee with cover lifter steps chems cd oxonator delivery  Does this seem like a good price or an ordinary price.  Also has anyone put a Grandee on anything besides a Concrete Pad (such as an ez pad)
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

HotSprings Grandee
« on: October 12, 2004, 04:04:48 pm »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
Re: HotSprings Grandee
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 04:56:24 pm »
I own a grandee, a 2003, and paid under $8k for the tub, then another $150 or so for chemicals, then tax.

If your price doesn't include tax it is a little high, but prices vary based on region.  My quote was in MD, and for a 2003 model.

The grandee is so big and heavy that my dealer would only allow reenforced deck or concrete.  But, so long as the dealer OK's the installation, they are responsible for it.

-Ed

corys510

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 05:15:01 pm »
Im in Central California Tax is additional to that price, also the Remote control thingee is included in that price I dont know if that makes that much difference in price
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 05:15:36 pm by corys510 »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 08:11:59 pm »
I didn't get a remote control thingy, and you would expect to pay more for a 2004 model.  You probably are getting a better controller, a waterfall, and some more advanced lighting.

Plus, I imagine CA is more expensive in general than MD, so I don't think you are out of the ballpark.

-Ed

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 11:34:01 pm »
We bought the grandee in July for 8k (without tax) with the upgraded cover lifter which is hgihly recommended because the size (8'4" cover width) of the Grandee. The ozone and the steps/starter chemicals and electrical disconnect came with it.  They installed the tub and did a nice job with the installation, making the final terminations, We had power connected the electrical disconnect.  

It is a big tub and we like it very much. No complains and only positive feedback after 3 months use.

We live very close to the factory but cannot imagine that shipping would be $1K.  

I dont know what you are talilking about with the remote control, but know that one is offered, mostly for cd/radio control. The grandee has 2 stations, one on the inside and one on the outside, a remote is not needed unless you have anted for the stereo, from my perspective.

the waterfall feature is irrelevant.

I put the tub on 41/2 inches of reinforced concrete.

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 11:37:58 pm »
installation pictures  :)

corys510

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 05:22:20 pm »
It is there new remote control called Navigator.  I am being told I can get the spa without it for $400.00 less.  So Im looking at 8595 plus tax.  Still a little more than you paid.  Any suggestions on how to get a lower price?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 05:36:07 pm »
Be up front about it. I don't know what good rpicing would be on this spa but, for example, if your reseach tells you that you should be able to pay $300 less make them an offer that you'll buy it on the spot for $8295. If they stay firm make another offer that you'll pay $8595 but you want $300 store credit (which is better for them than giving the $300 off the sale price but about the same for you).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

NightOne

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 11:05:41 pm »
It is there new remote control called Navigator.  I am being told I can get the spa without it for $400.00 less.  So Im looking at 8595 plus tax.  Still a little more than you paid.  Any suggestions on how to get a lower price?

See my recent posts regarding this.

corys510

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 02:40:08 pm »
Well I finally did it.  I bought the Grandee (grey/pearl white) 8500 plus tax.  Should be in in a few weeks they told me I cannot wait.  I have one final question to anyone out there.  HS pushed the EverFresh water system yet I also heard the softsoak system was better and easier.  What opinions do you guys have on both?
Thanks ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 02:57:31 pm »
The Everfresh system is Hotspring sanitizing system using MPS and Dichlor.  If I am not mistaken the SoftSoak system is using MPS and Dichlor as well.  It really doesn’t matter which brand you use, as long as, you are using MPS and Dichlor.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 02:57:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42