What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chemical idiot here  (Read 3101 times)

taraka

chemical idiot here
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:30:33 am »
I have a cd ozanator with the Sun Purity float in the Sundance filter area.basket.

When the test strips read low Bromine and low free chlorine is it the Dichlor that I'm suppose to add??

Is Dichlor: Bromine or Chlorine??

I also bought Dichlor at 99%.  Should I just add less then the starter kit Dichlor of 57%??  I was adding 1 tsp per soaking after each use of the 57% Dichlor and 3 Tbls. of the 57% Dichlor 1 X week.

Hot Tub Forum

chemical idiot here
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:30:33 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: chemical idiot here
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:38:17 am »
Di-chlor is one of the six forms of chlotine I am familiar with. Bromine does contain some chlorine. If you are using bromine and dichlor then add bromine as needed and add dichlor to shock.

I would not treat the tub dichlors any different.

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

bethshar

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 11:45:45 am »
You shouldn't be using Bromine at all with Sunpurity/nature 2.    I use only Dichlor after use and to shock.  About 2-3 tsp at night - about 2-3 TBl to shock.  My dichlor is 97%.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 03:30:16 pm »
With Nature 2 the directions say, to start it with a dose of Dichlor and shock with a MPS or Nonchlorine shock.
¿

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 01:21:33 pm »
All dichlor is either 57 or 62 percent chlorine.  Most of the rest is CYA.  The 99 percent means that the product you purchased contains 99 percent dichlor of which 57 or 62 percent is chlorine.  The other 1 percent is usually some inert compound.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 09:00:29 pm by tony »

cparlf

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 06:59:51 pm »
We use bromine tablets, three in the skimmer door basket at all times.  The dealer recommended tossing in a table measuring device amount of a chlorine product, dichlor? not certain,..... the dealer set me on to it.....after each soak for good measure I guess, and I do add this but usually every second time.  Two soakers, three maybe four times a week.  Started up first week of August, same water now.  All is well, levels are fine, water is still clear.  A few times the water did get cloudy, but I seem to have to flush out the filter every week to 10 days.  A little robarb blue stuff and two filter cycles later all is back to crystal.  Maybe I am lucky?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 06:59:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42