What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HL Messege on Control Panel  (Read 3469 times)

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
HL Messege on Control Panel
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:27:37 am »
Can anyone fill me in on what this really means? The manual is unhelpful but I was able to search and find out that it concerns a "High Limit Sensor?..(I think)

Is anyone familiar with this? I will be calling my dealer asap but this occurred over the long weekend here in Canada - ie. nobody around

THanks! :-[
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

HL Messege on Control Panel
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:27:37 am »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: HL Messege on Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 10:39:38 am »
SOunds about right. But first what tub have you got and what year. Spec's please.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 10:42:15 am »
....cover your ears I'm about to swear.... :-X

It's and Arctic...2 months old.....

Jc

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 10:48:08 am »
....cover your ears I'm about to swear.... :-X

It's and Arctic...2 months old.....

Jc

LOL!  now that is funny. This is sure to get some comments. But that asside congrats on the tub. How long have you had it?

I can't find the tech manual on Arctic's web site. But there is an FAQ database. Unfortunately they don't eseem to have thta question answered.  If you got there and pose your question, they should be able to get back to you shortly.  But it does sound like a high limit sensor.  

Is the tub still hot? and what does the temp indicator say the tub is at?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 10:48:45 am by doodoo »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 10:54:06 am »
The Arctic web-site allows for download of the same manual I already have (which does not elaborate on the message)

We were away for Thanksgiving (two days) and returned last evening to the message. The water was still hot and everything seemed to be working ok. For kicks, I flipped the breaker and the messege disappeared and did not return. The temp remained at 103 which was what I had originally set it at.

I'm curious.. what exactly does the High Limit Sensor do? Does it prevent the tub from overheating? I will be talking to my dealer soon but the more info the better.

Thanks for your help
Jc

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 12:45:43 pm »
Hi JC:

Is it warm where you are?  During the summer I encountered the same problem when the sun heated my water on a day I left my cover off for the afternoon.  When the system reset, the tub was at 112.

Lobster boil, anyone?

Drewski
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 12:51:03 pm »
BTW, yep, the "high limit" message notifies you that the tub has reached an upper control limit for operation and automatically shuts off the heating mechanism.

Sometimes this can be caused by a heater or temperature probe malfunction where for some reason the heat just keeps running and running and running...

Resetting usually takes care of it, BUT, if the spa temperature is STILL above the HL setting (I think 115?) it will STILL display the error.

Good luck...

Drewski

It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 06:48:49 pm »
Thanks for the responses....

The temp of the water remained around 104 (not 112 as my wife and I still had a soak last night) . After I reset the breaker (flipped it off/on) the temp. immediately read 104...

My dealer discussed a few possible reasons and maintains that if the message occurs again that they would come out and asses the problem appropriately.

Anyways...

Oh... - Drewski...what kind of tub do you have? We did notice some temp. creep in the warmer days, but since those are few and far between here, it didn't concern us.

THanks

Jc

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 06:48:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42