What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima vs Cameo  (Read 2980 times)

Sol_Dahbrishinsky

Optima vs Cameo
« on: October 08, 2004, 07:25:48 pm »
The salesman told me today that the seats are virtually identical.  TRUE or NOT?

Is there a significant difference in the "feel" where I should insist on testing the Optima?  He has the Cameo filled.

Thanks for the help

PS We are still discussing  the backyard remodel ::)

Hot Tub Forum

Optima vs Cameo
« on: October 08, 2004, 07:25:48 pm »

zacman

Re: Optima vs Cameo
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:01:12 pm »
For what its worth, we have had our Optima for three weeks.  I can't say if all seats are the same, but of course the Cameo has a lounge seat.  We had a lounge seat in our last spa and opted not to go that way this time and the first impression of not haginv a  lounge seat is that despite a smaller dimensons if the Optima comared to our last (Cal) spa, in the Optima, it seems much larger without the lounger which took up a third of the last tub.  Also, the Optima has the foot dome which we really like.  I plan on posting a thorough review of the Optima at 30 days of ownership - have been taking notes of everything to prepare for that. . . We love our Optima.  I find the adjustments to water functions and force etc are just about infinite.

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 08:40:06 pm »
We wet tested both the Optima and Cameo.  The jets and locations may be the same on some/most of the seats but sitting in it (to us) was not the same.  The Optima seemed shallower than the Cameo.  The lounger was nice and we found the foot dome "got in the way" more than we liked.  Of course, YMMV

If it were me I would wet test both.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 08:41:33 pm by ttodd1 »

zacman

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 10:40:52 pm »
TTodd1,  

It is interesting to see that we have different opinions on certain features in the same spa, just goes to highlight how really personal the decision on a spa selection is and how important it is, as you have advised, to wet test.  

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 12:08:11 am »
We went in to the Sundance dealer to test the Cameo as we thought we wanted the lounger.  It just didn't fit right.  The salesman suggested we try the Optima.  They had one filled so we tried it as well and fell in love with it.  I think it is a bit shallower but for us it's great as we've got 2 small kids.  I think a couple of the seats are the same but it's not quite the same when you consider the different foot jets.  Best bet would be to wet test both and see which one fits you best.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

ttodd1

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 09:43:52 am »
TTodd1,  

It is interesting to see that we have different opinions on certain features in the same spa, just goes to highlight how really personal the decision on a spa selection is and how important it is, as you have advised, to wet test.  

Zacman, not just opinions, my husband is 6'1" and I'm 5'11" and the depth of the Cameo just fit us better.  Yes the dome comment is an opinion, we thought that it was great and the feeling was wonderful on our feet but just got in the way for us to move around in the tub (maybe we are just big clods).  We tested both in the same night so it was easy to compare the feel of both (think we drove the dealer nuts a bit going back and forth so many times)   :D   I'm so glad we did wet test before buying.

Wet testing helps you to make the right decision for YOU and and that is what it boils down to.  What YOU are happy with/in.  

zacman

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 10:50:16 am »
ttodd1,
How tall the users will be may be part of the answer, I am 5'8" and wife is 5'1".  Wife actually finds parts of the Optima too deep for her so we will be getting one of the "booster" seats. . .

taraka

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 09:19:20 pm »
When I went looking at the Sundance spas, I too wanted to try the Cameo.  I called the dealer and he asked me when I wanted to come in to wet test?  He only had the Optima filled.  I told him, he put water in both the Cameo and the Altimar(which was the 2 that I wanted to wet test).  He did it NO QUESTIONS ASKED ;D

I felt like he went the extra mile for me that day.  I had only given him a 45 minutes notice to fill the tubs. ;D

I opted for the Altimar.  I love it.  Had it about 3 weeks now.

ttodd1

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 10:26:48 pm »
ttodd1,
How tall the users will be may be part of the answer, I am 5'8" and wife is 5'1".  Wife actually finds parts of the Optima too deep for her so we will be getting one of the "booster" seats. . .

My mother, who is 5' 4" has the same problem in our Cameo.  Thinking about getting her a booster seat for Xmas.   ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 10:26:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42