What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: colemen 361  (Read 3496 times)

atlantic

colemen 361
« on: September 28, 2004, 11:09:44 am »
got a price yesterday of $4995 for the tub,stairs, cover, lifter, delivery and star up chemicals.  Is this a god price, and what other makers should I look at? thanks. ::)

Hot Tub Forum

colemen 361
« on: September 28, 2004, 11:09:44 am »

huh?

• "42"
Re: colemen 361
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 07:24:17 pm »
I kinda felt bad because nobody had replied to you.  I don't have the answer either.  So I am replying to bump you back up to top to get another shot.  We aren't ignoring you. 8)
¿

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 10:13:48 pm »
I am a Canadian Coleman dealer. As a Candian dealer I am hesitant to respond as shipping and exchange aree in the equation. The price seems fair. I would sell the same package for $7500 CDN. Do the math! Hope this helps.

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 10:21:28 pm »
I went to the Coleman web and found that the 361 is in their mid range series.  It's a 3 person spa, looks good.

For everything that you're getting, it seems like a fair price.

That said, I'm not a fan of Coleman since Maxx purchased the company.  They have cheapened the product. Test soak it, inquire of the dealer for any customers that you may talk with, look very closely at the warranty and all of the exclussions.  This would be a good start to determineif you're making the right decision.

Good Luck.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 11:07:44 pm »
Rocket;

I take exception to your "since MAAX purchased.." comments. I spent a great deal of time researching this brand before adding it to my stores line-up. Speaking with veteran Coleman dealers the concensus was that the product has improved since MAAX purchased this brand from Coleman.

Stuart, your thoughts plz.....

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 06:53:47 am »
what other makers should I look at? thanks. ::)

I would suggest you look at every tub in your area.  I was limited to a few brands!  You may be surprised at the selection available to you.  I, personally didn't have coleman available to me, so I can't help you there!!!

Good luck!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 01:22:45 am »
Rocket;

I take exception to your "since MAAX purchased.." comments. I spent a great deal of time researching this brand before adding it to my stores line-up. Speaking with veteran Coleman dealers the concensus was that the product has improved since MAAX purchased this brand from Coleman.

Stuart, your thoughts plz.....

HTMan

I don't know that I agree with Rocket (although I usually do) that MAXX "cheapened" Coleman. I do think that there have been quite a few challenges to getting the product to match the consumer image of the name, I more than anyone hopes this equals out.

I think their most people will be quite surprised with the changes about to take place in the Coleman/Elite/MAXX world.

Don't let Rockets comments offend you, in most of the posts I read he is very fair and very customer service oriented. The fact that he is opinionated about MAXX doesn't surprise me, many of the industry pro's are scratching their heads trying to figure out what has been happening up their and not understanding typically leads to doubt. You also have to realize that Rocket touts Marquis and that is like comparing a Volvo to a Cadillac, one is sheer engineering and understated elegance in design while the other is more wow factor with feature and power options.

Having dealt with Coleman before and after MAXX I can say that the product desperately needed some improvements and had some major glitches in making those changes but is now better than it has ever been.

AngelNMissouri

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 01:57:35 pm »
Hi, About 2 months ago I bought a 6year old Coleman Horizon 446 for $2000.  It came with a cover, lifter, steps, and chemicals on hand.  The tub was inside and being used by an older couple.  It holds 4-6 with a lounger, captains chair, necks jets, etc...I really am enjoying it.  It's easy to take care of.  Runs terrific.  And I believe it was definately top of the line 6 years ago because it can compete with the "newer" models of today.  I really like that it has a metal frame because we've got it out in the weather now.  Everyone thinks it's new and it's NOT!!! ;D  The Coleman tubs must hold up extremely well for this one to be GREAT ;D ;Dnow...!!!  Have fun in whatever tub you chose but mine 6yrs ago was $6335.00 w/steps, lifter, and cover.  SOOOO,  your deal seems like a nice one for todays market!!!  Have a good one, Angel 8)

Jordy

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 01:32:58 am »
Hi "atlantic",

Being a Jacuzzi Premium Dealer in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I would be remiss if I didn't recommend checking out the Jacuzzi Premium Model J-335. It is slightly larger at 84"x84"x36", so if your available space is tight, this hot tub may be too large. I think it should be comparable in price too. We sell the J-335 for $7496 CDN$, which should be about $5500-$5800 U.S.$. Hope this helps, let us know how you do.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 01:32:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42