What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature2 and metal removers  (Read 4518 times)

stingfan

Nature2 and metal removers
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:24:59 am »
If I am  using a metal sequestering agent (SpaClear Minquest or MetalGone), how will the Nature2 cartridge work?  Doesn't the Nature2 use metal ions to kill bacteria and viruses?  Won't the metal sequestering agent tie up any free metals in the water? so how would those metal ions work then?  Hmmmm......

???

Hot Tub Forum

Nature2 and metal removers
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:24:59 am »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
Re: Nature2 and metal removers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 07:45:52 pm »
"Spa Metal Gon sequesters iron, copper, and other metal buildups in the water to prevent staining on spa surfaces.
When spa water is aerated by the air blower and there is iron present in the water, oxidation occurs allowing iron to come out of the water and deposit on the spa's finish. Spa Metal Gon will keep iron from oxidizing and, therefore, will keep iron from depositing and staining the finish."  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 07:33:28 pm »
Metal Gon and others work fine with Nature2.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 08:48:04 pm »
I have been told that metal gone and others will lessen
the effectiveness of NII.  I receommend that you use the entire bottle of metal gone and then wait 48 hours before adding the NII for maximum effectiveness.  I'd like to hear what others recommend?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 10:38:40 am »
LeisureTime, the company that manufactures/distributes MetalGon, also distributes a mineral purifier (actually the spa frog) which is very close to Nature2.  Their instructions do not include a 48 hour waiting period to install the cartridge after adding MetalGon.  I figure if anyone should know, it would be them.

stingfan

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 01:24:00 pm »
more on my own question:

after speaking with a chemist, he explained to me that the sequestering agent will tie up any free metal ions in the water, including copper or silver.  Yet, silver will still maintain some sanitizing ability, due to the electron charge of the ion  (or something like that, I'm not a chemist!) It was his opionion that the mineral purifier will work, even if you are using a metal sequestering agent.

Therefore, even though the MetalGone or Minquest is tying up any metals to prevent them from staining the shell, silver ions are still available in the water to kill bacteria and viruses.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 01:24:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42