What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: honest opinions please  (Read 5971 times)

opintub

honest opinions please
« on: September 29, 2004, 06:08:24 pm »
shopping for a while.in no hurry but i do want the best i can get.i have read all posts for over a month and i came to a conlusion that all spas are the best or all spas suck.

Hot Tub Forum

honest opinions please
« on: September 29, 2004, 06:08:24 pm »

UnderTheStars

Re: honest opinions please
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 06:30:08 pm »
There are lots of models, lots of features, even quite a few price points.  But in my opinion, THE best hot tub is the one in your back yard.  That's where mine is and I'll be in it tonight.

('course I'm just a rookie - MY best tub is 2 months old today!)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 06:30:52 pm by UnderTheStars »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 06:30:10 pm »
My advice would be simple. Go to the websites of the major manufacturers (my choices would be Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis, Sundance, Jacuzzi and D1) and find out which dealers are in your area. Visit all of them and get an idea of what each dealer is like, what they have to offer, how it fits dry, how good a deal you can get, compare warranties, etc. Make a list of your top 2 (or 3, or 4) and WET TEST them. Decide which is best (have a fallback choice) and see what it will take to get a deal done.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 06:46:38 pm »
There is no real answer to your question...Most spa owners/ dealers are going to have a bias to what they bought or sell.....There are several well made spas out there....I would say don't over buy....thinking about a spa as a big party center...it really is for personal therapy....I would also suggest looking for something that fits you well and don't get caught with up frills that don't mean much after a very short while...I would also say stick to the better known brands…..as in the long term they seem to serve people better

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 06:47:06 pm »
When you say the best, what do you mean?  Best in what way(s)?

Brewman
Brewman

stiffy

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 06:54:42 pm »
I agree with Spatech t.u.o. but would add what you want to use the tub for, soak,hydrotharepy,tub to entertian,or for just you and one other, small family, how often, spend limit,ect,ect,ect.
answer these questions to give you an idea on the tub that fits you and your needs so when you hit the tub dealers they can help you pick the right one.

spa.shark

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 11:27:48 pm »
Each major manufacturer probably has at least one satisfactory model for you. VALUE-wise I would rank them as follows:

1. Catalina
 2. Emerald
 3. Marquis
 4. Arctic
 5. Sundance
 6. Caldera
 7. Dimension 1
 8. Coleman
 9. Jacuzzi
10. Artesian

OMIGOSH! He left HotSpring off of his list.

Yup. Just my honest opinion after 27 years of experience with spas.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 11:43:54 pm »

May I ask who you are affiliated with....

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 12:20:47 am »
Each major manufacturer probably has at least one satisfactory model for you. VALUE-wise I would rank them as follows:

1. Catalina
  2. Emerald
  3. Marquis
  4. Arctic
  5. Sundance
  6. Caldera
  7. Dimension 1
  8. Coleman
  9. Jacuzzi
10. Artesian

Wow.  Tell me some more opinions.  What did you think of the moon landing? Roswell?

-Ed

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 09:05:50 am »

The opinion of anyone who leaves Hot Springs off a list that large while making such a fuss about it should be taken with a grain of salt.........from a very satisfied Master Spas' owner.  The shark easily blew away a 27 year reputation with one fell swoop........IMHO.
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

spaguyohio

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 11:21:07 am »
MY .02 cents (for what THATS worth). The best spa?

1. Mine
2. Mine
3. Mine

With that said, you really need more information. Whats the best for x amount of dollars that offers y & z types of therapy, insulation, etc. Thats fits in an area that is this x this.

My boss wanted "the best that money could buy." Yet, he didnt buy top of the line. After looking around at all features and benefits, a middle of the road spa was what got and he is extremely happy with it.

Get what fits YOUR budget, YOUR space, YOUR needs.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 12:23:56 pm »
Doesn't this thread read "honest 'opinions' please?"  If spa.shark doesn't think that HotSpring spas are a good value, that's his opinion.  All opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

George

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 12:32:20 pm »
The opinion of anyone who leaves Hot Springs off a list that large while making such a fuss about it should be taken with a grain of salt.........from a very satisfied Master Spas' owner.  The shark easily blew away a 27 year reputation with one fell swoop........IMHO.
 8)

Hey windy!
I agree he blew the 27 years experience! Although I agree that Marquis and D1 are in the top I don't know if I'm comfortable with them being in his list with some of the others he has there!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 12:43:12 pm »
I've actually stayed out of this one based soley on the subject. What is an honest opinion?  Can you have an dishonest opinion?  if it is a dishonest opinion, can it really be an opinion?

Someone probably is honestly of the opinion Elvis is alive and returning on board the next comet.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 01:00:54 pm »
To each his own, no 2 people will have the same list. Some here think Master is great while other very much disagree. Some like full foam, some do not. Some are big on having a circ pump, some are not. Hey, many people bought those AMC Pacer cars in the 70's because they liked something about them and must have thought they were good value yet I'm sure many of those people were smart, logical and educated. Its great to have other's opinions but in the end you have to form your own or you may end up with a Pacer just because Billy Bob said they're great.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 01:00:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42