What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: H*ven Sheeple  (Read 5351 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
H*ven Sheeple
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:11:42 am »
I just read a post on the evil one's board, where a Ha*en owner give his one year report on his tub. Apparrently J has his people so brainwashed that this person just loves his spa, despite the fact that with less than a year of ownership:

Replace Controller board
Replace Pump
Replace Blower  
Steps provided considered awkward and unsafe
Many jets impossible to remove.
Lower jets constantly clogged with sand
Jets need to be "wresled out" to be removed.

I guess Phoenix isn't giving these the extra TLC that Jim says they get.
Brewman  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

H*ven Sheeple
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:11:42 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: H*ven Sheeple
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 09:18:21 am »
Just to be fair, if this were a Hotspring or Sundance or whatever, we would be telling the customer "now aren't you glad you had a local dealer to take care of all the problems."  It just goes to show that dealer support is very crucial.  

George

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 09:48:10 am »
Serjical,
Good point.  It probably happens to a few customers of those brands every year.  
However, Phoenix manufactures probably about 1% of what Hotspring and Sundance combined manufactuer.  Also, don’t forget Haven “manufactures” probably .0001% of what Hotspring and Sundance produce.  It is a numbers game, and I would rather have the Hotspring and Sundance numbers than the Haven/Phoenix numbers.
Chris H

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 10:32:35 am »
I applaud serjicals frankness here. I have encountered very satisfied Gulf Coast customers too, despite what everyone here seems to think about them.

I have said it before nd I will say it again:

The dealer can make a mediocre tub seem great and a great tub seem mediocre.

Dazed, this is your cue.

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 11:22:41 am »
I wouldn't have brought this up at all if it were'nt for JA screaming at anyone who'll listen on how HORRIBLE most other spas are.

Any spa can have problems.  But if I had the type of problems that the original poster had, I'd not be telling the world how teriffic the spa was.  I'd be disapointed in the quality.  How many people, who had this many major things go wrong in their new SUV in the first year would be happy, even if the warranty covered the repairs.  I'd be scared of the problems I'd have to pay for after the warranty.  

But having a local dealer there to make things right would be preferable to having someone mail me the parts for me to install myself, as the case with this spa.
Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 11:56:16 am »
This is where Jim would fabricate one of his little stories if it were another spa company to show how they don't take care of their customers like he does. It would go something like this:

"I was at the store when an 85 yr old little lady called after getting home from church and asked if I could help her. She lives in New Foundland, bought a &$#^% Spa, has had problems with A, B, C, D, E & F and to make matters worse the spa company won't even come out to fix it so she has to do so herself. She suffers from Arthritis, Lupus, Dimentia, 4 forms of cancer, a wooden leg, a receding hairline and has 2 glass eyes. I found a handyman through the internet and sent him out to fix the spa and Sandy made her a Tuna Noodle Casserole and overnighted it so she could have a good home cooked meal. Now if she had bought a H@ven she would NEVER have had such problems because our Quality Control is second to none and we NEVER have failures. If she had a problem requiring service (obviously due to operator error) she would have been in luck as I have service people around the globe ready at a moments notice 24/7. And if she had been in Boone County she would really have been in luck as I would have sent out Kenny who would have fixed her spa problem and mowed her lawn while he was there. "
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 12:55:54 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 12:25:05 pm »
a wooden leg

That one put me over the edge laughing...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 12:40:02 pm »
And if she had been in Boone county she would really have been in luck as I would have sent out Kenny who would have fixed her problem and mowed her lawn while he was there. "

Spatech,
Your ability for fabricated sarcasm is scary! I'm going to save this one! don't forget that Jim won't be able to work on here spa himself as he is currently advising missile defense and writing debate for one of the presidential candidates.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 01:01:51 pm »
The scary part is this:

I had a customer just like your fabricated lady, except she had a glass leg and two wooden eyes.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 04:49:39 pm »
The scary part is this:

I had a customer just like your fabricated lady, except she had a glass leg and two wooden eyes.

Glass in a hot tub?  She shoulda gone acrylic. :)
¿

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 10:26:22 pm »
Prior to participating on this forum, I heard a little about Jimmy,  He must be a piece of work.

rick

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 12:37:43 am »
He is a piece of work.  He has terrible tact and that hurts him.  But, don't let all these full foam "industry standard" dealers on this board paint him the fool.  He brings up good points that threaten these guys' very existence.  It's too bad he spends more time dissing the comp than extolling his product cuz negative campaigning usually turns people off.  Just look at the upcoming election.  I can't stand either one of them.
But then again, if his competition is overcharging for poorly/cheaply made spas, I can somewhat understand his indignation.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 05:26:03 am »
Absolutly true Rick he has some great ideas that are sold the worst way possible. He's got a bad attitude and belittles all those that question the superiority of his ideas as being good but not better. What's funny is what I have done to my tub is an improvement over some of his ideas, yet to him I am an idiot. Because it didn't take me years and years to figure it out his attitude towards me is deplorable. PR skills are not his strong point unless you are sold and goo-goo over his concept.
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 07:29:11 am »
But then again, if his competition is overcharging for poorly/cheaply made spas, I can somewhat understand his indignation.

There are those who would argue that Jim overcharges for mediocre spas.  
Brewman
Brewman

autoplay

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 07:57:43 am »
Jims customer with the wooden leg........wouldn't that be a floating issue? And 2,sounds like a liability waiting to happen to Jim,unless he has the lady use a sealer or wrap it prior to insertion. It's also possible that Jim has some used pressure treated scraps of lumber,that he could injinear for her.?.

I feel for the lady! Besides not being able to see the spa,what sold her on a CaVeN?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 07:57:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42