What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Convert to Salt Water? - Caldera Vacanza Vanto  (Read 2008 times)

GrantD

Convert to Salt Water? - Caldera Vacanza Vanto
« on: February 13, 2021, 08:15:32 pm »
I recently boought a Caldera Vacanza Vanto.  I am thinking of converting to Salt Water (in-line) but I am not sure if it is safe to do so (the Vacanza series does not come with salt water as an option).  I have read that not all hot tups can be converted (something to do with salt corroding the pumps and other equipment if they were not made with salt water as an option). On the other hand, I have read of people that converted hot tubs from way before Salt Water was a thing for hot tubs and they have never had a problem.  Could anyone shed some light on whether it is safe to do a salt water conversion based on the equipment that comes with the Caldera Vacanza series? Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Convert to Salt Water? - Caldera Vacanza Vanto
« on: February 13, 2021, 08:15:32 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Convert to Salt Water? - Caldera Vacanza Vanto
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 10:15:58 pm »
I wouldn’t. It will void warranty plus salt water systems don’t work real well unless you have a tub with a circulation pump.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 01:09:28 pm »
I have a friend that has been using a saltron mini in his tub for years with no problems. I don't have a salt gen but I add 7 pounds of salt to my 350 gallon tub just for the feel and it seems to help me with water life. I have a Caldera and it does have a circulation pump.

I would guess not having a circulation pump would depend on how often you use it and how often you have your filter setup to run the main pumps. The above post is the first time I have heard about that problem.

My plan was to buy a saltron mini and I started using the salt just to see if I liked it. I then started using dichlor switching to bleach and it has been working so good I never bought the unit. I may still.

Everything in the tub is made to take a lot of things I dont see that small amount of salt being a problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 01:09:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42