What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings Grande vs Bullfrog  (Read 3416 times)

navman6

Hotsprings Grande vs Bullfrog
« on: February 07, 2021, 10:25:42 am »

We made a decision!  We are landing on the Hotsprings Grande spa. Everyone here helped us with insight from many angles.  Thanks to all and have a GREAT day!

OK so I am new here...Yes a newbie. 
In the market for a new hot tub. Previously had a Hot Springs Classic vintage 1995 for 25 years and it was good.
It had double moto jets. It was easy to take care of and the electrical costs were very low. This unit did not have loungers.
This unit had a recirculating pump that heated the water continousley and that was good.

So Hotsprings or Bullfrog tub ...what does anybody see for comparative differences?  We have looked at the HS Grande
and dealer has quoted $14,100. Going to visit the Bullfrog dealer today and see what is up with their features.
Watched some youtube vids which of course is interesting ...but users out there help us out would ya!

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:02:36 pm by navman6 »

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings Grande vs Bullfrog
« on: February 07, 2021, 10:25:42 am »

cranbiz

Re: Hotsprings Grande vs Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:02:41 am »
They are both good tubs. Some like the Bullfrog jet packs, some believe they are gimmicks.

Bullfrog has very long lead times (early 2022) so unless you get one that's unsold in the pipeline for your dealer, you are going to wait much longer than the Hot Springs. However, unless it's on the floor or in the pipeline, you are still looking at 6 months plus for the Hot Springs.

You really need to wet test each tub to make sure that you are comfortable in all seating positions. I know that these days it's difficult to do but it's important.

More importantly, is the dealer. Can they support you after the sale? Are you comfortable with that dealer?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 11:26:01 am »
If you can't wet test stick with a non-lounge spa.

Wet tests are far more important when a lounge is included as it takes up a lot of space and that's where people have the most floating issues. Of course if its only 2 or 3 people using it and you're getting a very large spa then the lounge space is a bit less of an issue if some can't use it but when in doubt, go lounge-less!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

A.O.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 12:54:45 pm »
Agreed.. I wont buy a lounge tub, takes an extra seat space and turn the jets on and you just float away...

Sam

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 01:51:08 pm »

Bullfrog has very long lead times (early 2022) so unless you get one that's unsold in the pipeline for your dealer, you are going to wait much longer than the Hot Springs. However, unless it's on the floor or in the pipeline, you are still looking at 6 months plus for the Hot Springs.

This is incorrect.  Dealers have been given a monthly allotment based upon previous years sales.  I can get a Bullfrog in May if I order today.  Every dealer is different.

cranbiz

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 02:37:55 pm »

This is incorrect.  Dealers have been given a monthly allotment based upon previous years sales.  I can get a Bullfrog in May if I order today.  Every dealer is different.

What I said. If the dealer has one in the pipeline, you can get one somewhat quickly. When I walked into the Bullfrog dealer in Greensboro, NC (they are a large dealer with multiple locations) he had nothing that was coming in the next 6 months that wasn't sold. A new order 3 weeks ago was being quoted for an early 2022 delivery. I got the same story from the large Bullfrog dealer in Raleigh, nothing he has coming in on his allotment for the rest of the year is unsold and a new order was going to be early 2022.

The Artesian Nevis I bought was in the pipeline, which is why I can have it late March or early April. If I didn't like the shell color, etc. I was looking at late this year for a new order. fortunately for me, it was exactly the color tub and cabinet that I wanted with the options I wanted.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 02:52:41 pm »
They are both good tubs. Some like the Bullfrog jet packs, some believe they are gimmicks.

You really need to wet test each tub to make sure that you are comfortable in all seating positions. I know that these days it's difficult to do but it's important.

More importantly, is the dealer. Can they support you after the sale? Are you comfortable with that dealer?

FYI for others reading this, check with your local dealer and don't believe everything you read on the internet, not every Bullfrog dealer is out until 2022, I have slots in June, July, August of this year as example.  As far as the spas, both good manufacturers but make sure you wet test and see which you're most comfortable in, I do prefer the foot dome to a non foot dome spa especially in a spa of that size, helps prevent floating...good luck!

Galaxybrooks

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 04:01:45 pm »
Just chiming in here.  I'm new to Hottubs and picked up a Caldera last October with a lounge.  I wouldn't discount it without trying it.  Yes it does tend to cause floating if your running the jets hard but when I'm looking for a deep tissue therapy a few minutes in the lounge is the best spot in the tub.  Plus we can turn down the lower jets to allow us to sink in the seat better and there's a handle next to it to help with staying put.  We've have room for 5 plus the lounger though nd there's usually just two of us.  Just wanted to say we're glad we have the option to use it.  Happy hottubbing.

A.O.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 07:46:25 pm »

FYI for others reading this, check with your local dealer and don't believe everything you read on the internet, not every Bullfrog dealer is out until 2022, I have slots in June, July, August of this year as example.  As far as the spas, both good manufacturers but make sure you wet test and see which you're most comfortable in, I do prefer the foot dome to a non foot dome spa especially in a spa of that size, helps prevent floating...good luck!

I agree, I also like the foot dome, I have one in my Cal Spas and definitely helps with not floating away. Gives your feet a little purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 07:46:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42