What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shock question - MPS  (Read 1500 times)

CV3720

Shock question - MPS
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:55:54 am »
So, we made it back to our (vacation home) hot tub after about 5 weeks away. I shocked it with dichlor granules prior to leaving. In that time, minimal service was rendered by a local fellow - adding bromine tabs to the floater and rinsing off the filter (no water checks, no shock, etc). Also, nobody else has used the tub - though just last night a home a few lots away had some unwanted bathers - "hot tub jumpers". His Ring Doorbell caught a nice pic of a streaker and friends running back to his car after he remotely triggered an alarm! I have 24/7 cameras on my tub and elsewhere, so we're good!

After my arrival yesterday I found the bromine levels ideal. The alkalinity and pH were quite low (that's been rectified) and the hardness was near zero - so I bumped it up to about 125 ppm. I had not previously addressed the hardness - a local hot tub shop told me it was not important, but I've read otherwise.

At this point, everything on the test strips (I have a couple different ones I use each time just to be sure) looks great.

My question is - does it need any MPS thrown in there today before our first use this return trip? I picked some up prior to our return trip, though I'm a little unclear on when to use this stuff !
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 07:17:52 am by CV3720 »

Hot Tub Forum

Shock question - MPS
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:55:54 am »

CV3720

Re: Shock question - MPS
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 07:17:18 am »
No suggestions for use either way?

I ended up just throwing some in after we got out (prior to use water was visually, and from all test strip values, clear and ideal).

A.O.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 02:55:18 pm »
Just saw this.. I would have done just like you did. If it looked/smelled/and tested good.. get in!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 02:55:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42