What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sweetwater and Sundance Spas  (Read 7012 times)

spabuyer

Sweetwater and Sundance Spas
« on: September 25, 2004, 02:09:07 am »
We want something that is ultra nice for 2 people, but can accomodate 4 if needed. Atleast 1 recliner seat. Foot jets are a must.
I'm interested in the Sweetwater Cayman (Price $5000) but can't find many opinions on this tub. Anyone have any insight into this model? This would be on the low end of what we'd like to spend. If you have it, are the jets powerful enough...how's the variety......comfy seats...ect. Anything you've got to say about it, let me hear it :)
On the higher priced side of it, We are thinking of going with the Sundance Ultima($7500). The jets obviously seem way nicer on this one, but I'm not sure if overall it's worth such a hike in the price.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!!!
-catie  :D

Hot Tub Forum

Sweetwater and Sundance Spas
« on: September 25, 2004, 02:09:07 am »

Tubber

Re: Sweetwater and Sundance Spas
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 07:28:12 am »
There is a big difference between the two spas you are looking at. I'm guessing you mean the Sundance Altamar. Difference being filtration, warranty, 2 pumps, aromatherapy, bearingless jet, titanium heater, controls on both sides, more elaborate controls, whirlpool jets for foot massage,and definatly a better lounger in the Altamar. I suggest you wet test both and go from there as to justifying the cost difference.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 07:59:55 am »
 I looked at Sweetwater and Sundance, and to me it was no contest to go with the Sundance model, Optima in our case.  Sweetwater is made by Sundance, so I'd think that the base quality would be good, but to me it was worth the extra money for what we got over what we'd have with the Sweetwater.
Brewman
Brewman

new owner

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 09:38:07 pm »
We've had our Sweetwater Cayman since July. We're very happy so far. The jets are quite strong (I adjust them down often). The seat variety works well. The lounge is nice, but check it out because it has these strong jests on the calves that I like but you may not. We have gotten 6 adults in the tub but it is tight (you have to either all like each other or have had a few drinks...)

The other poster is correct, there is a difference in the warranties. We felt the Sweetwater warranty was adequate (but ask me in a few years, I guess), but it is not as long as that on the Sundance. If you don't already have full details on these, they are easily accessed on their websites.

Anyway, it seems like the right choice for us. Our dealer was great--showed us pros and cons of both but never tried to talk us out of the Cayman or sell us up.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 09:47:19 pm »
If you have the money get the Sundance and if you don't want to pay the higher prices go with the Jacuzzi J-355 -J-385 and if you want the cheap route go with sweetwater.Jt

stiffy

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 10:15:06 pm »
WETTEST,WETTEST,WETTEST,WETTEST, WE had a hard time staying in the seats for a good power jet down in the palermo and optima. try a comparison tub like caldera utopia series.
Good luck

new owner

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 10:13:13 am »
I should have added that we also looked at/researched Jacuzzi, Caldera, Hot Springs, in addition to Sundance and Sweetwater. And we chose the Sweetwater.

Every purchase eventually comes down to balancing quality and cost. But don't be fooled into thinking that spending $2,000 more will necessarily get you a higher quality tub!

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 10:18:10 am »
Congrats.  You should ask your dealer to upgrade you the the Sundance Micro-Clean cartridge.  It should cost under $100 bucks.

Tubber

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 07:14:16 am »
Congratulations New_Owner. There is a spa out there for everyones wants need and budget I'm sure you'll be happy for a long time with the Cayman

Chris H it is not recommended to upgrade to micron filtration in the Sweetwater line as the flow is not the same as the Sundance. It'll work and fit but it is not designed for the Micro clean filter.

Chris_H

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 10:27:07 am »
Tubber,
“Chris H it is not recommended to upgrade to micron filtration in the Sweetwater line as the flow is not the same as the Sundance. It'll work and fit but it is not designed for the Micro clean filter.”

You are right it is not designed with the Micro-Clean cartridge.  However, in your own words it will work and fit.  

It is not recommended because Sundance wants to differentiate between the Sweetwater and the Sundance not because it won’t work.  They want the consumer to buy an Optima over a Bahia for the obvious reasons.

However, I will not recommend doing this anymore if you can send me a fax or an email directly from Sundance saying how it can affect the performance or warranty of the Sweetwater.  I will put a post on here if I am incorrect saying not to do it.  I have no problem eating crow.

Chris H

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 10:27:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42