What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter Suction Creating Vortex/Whirpool  (Read 2403 times)

Shielamartin

Filter Suction Creating Vortex/Whirpool
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:10:11 am »
When my pump is on low speed, the filter creates a weak vortex/whirpool above the weir/basket; on high speed, the vortex/whirlpool makes it through the weir all the way down to the basket, causing the filter and pump to take in small amounts of air. I've confirmed there is no debris in the basket and no debris in the filter or weir. Weir is being sucked all the way down properly. When I remove the weir, the vortex is still there, but again, not strong enough for it to reach the bottom/to put air into the system. I've ensured my water level is correct based on the manufacturers instructions + this was tested when I was in the spa so the water was even higher (it happens regardless of whether nobody is in, 1 person is in, or 2+ people are in). It's almost like the weir is designed to narrowly and/or the filter is sucking too hard. I've tested it with opening/closing every air valve and jet in different ways with no success. Filter is from factory. Tub is 2 weeks old.

I've emailed the manufacturer. Has anyone heard of this before? It's noisy and I highly doubt adding air down the filter into the pump is doing any good. I can't simply remove the weir, as it clips in and holds the basket + filter in place when the pump is not on. Temporarily I can do this when the pump is on high speed, but that's beside the point. Again, the water level is sufficient. My friend has the exact same hot tub and his does not do this.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:11:54 am by Shielamartin »

Hot Tub Forum

Filter Suction Creating Vortex/Whirpool
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:10:11 am »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Filter Suction Creating Vortex/Whirpool
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:11:33 am »
Might sound funny but I have seen folks put a golf ball in the basket

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Filter Suction Creating Vortex/Whirpool
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 08:11:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42