What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: XP2e pump issue  (Read 1930 times)

DanielS

XP2e pump issue
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:44:01 am »
As we are all forced to stay indoors, my wife and I have started using the Tub a lot more. Now back in november I changed the pumps in my tub. Replaced the one where the heater is on with a brand new one, and switched a pump around that I scored on Ebay. Now it's the second hand pump thats giving me grief.

It's a "Flo-Master XP2e" Pump Mod. 05351003-6 or simply said it's a 2,5 HP pump running 10,3A on high and 3.2A on low speed.

The issue is that when I turn it on it will come to life no issue, I can then put it in High speed and I will go into high speed but then just stop after 15 seconds.... according to the Spa Computer, the Pump is still on in high speed mode. Then after about 30 seconds the pump comes back on and shoots back into high speed, will run for 15 seconds and turn back off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFRV-MJP5EA&feature=youtu.be

My first thoughts were bad capacitors as this pump has 2 off them, So I replaced the High Speed (45uF) with a new one and tested the other one (16uF) and that one was fine. Yet this made no change.

I have also changed the filters and tried with no filters in there. Water is coming from all the jets without any issue.

Does anybody have any thoughts what this might be?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:47:09 am by DanielS »

Hot Tub Forum

XP2e pump issue
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:44:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42