What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River versus Sweetwater  (Read 3932 times)

dths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Tiger River versus Sweetwater
« on: September 17, 2004, 09:36:14 pm »
I've been researching spas for the last month or so, and the info on this site is great (especially forum).  I'm close to taking the plunge into tub ownership (pun intended).

I am hoping for some feedback on my experience so far.  My budget right now is in the $5000-$6000 range.  The spas I've seen in that price range include the Tiger River Bengal and the Sweetwater Bahia and Palermo.  I like the Bengal's seating config and warranty.  I like the Sweetwater's 2 jetpumps, foot well (Bahia) and dual lounge (Palermo).  I have not wet tested yet.

I've been quoted $5300 for the Bengal, $5699 for the Bahia, and $5899 for the Palermo.  All are base tubs, without CD ozone or cover lifter, the 2 options I think I want, so I'm not sure I can stay under $6K with the Sweetwaters and options.  (I live in the Northeast, New Hampshire to be exact).

Another option may be to wait a few months and save up for a Hotspring or Sundance.  I've been quoted $6899 for a HS Sovereign without any options.  I would hate to try to install one in the middle of winter, though, or worse miss the whole winter.

Thanks for any help

Hot Tub Forum

Tiger River versus Sweetwater
« on: September 17, 2004, 09:36:14 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Tiger River versus Sweetwater
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 09:46:34 pm »
Both are good midranged hot tubs and the prices seem ok.  If at all possible, take a look at Marquis' Everyday
Hot tub line.  The model 530 is in the $5500 price range with 2 jet pumps.  With all of these tubs,  I don't think that the ozonator is worth it (no contact chambers), but the coverlift is a must.

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 11:32:57 pm »
Hi DTHS
Go to Bemister's in salen NH, they carry the coleman line. They will have spas in your price range, not stripped down spas but spas with the option you will want. We just wet tested the model 480 tonight, great tub. great price, $6,500.00 (bemisters.com)
check in out ;D

dths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 10:27:22 am »
Thanks for the info.

Rocket, forgive my ignorance, but I was not aware of the ozone issue (what are the contact chambers?)  Is this just a problem with the Tiger River, Sweetwater, etc?  Does the Hotspring/Sundance lines have the same issue?  I assumed the ozone generator just injected ozone into the 24 hour circulation plumbing.  The dealer(s) never mentioned any issues, just that you should get the ozone to cut back on the amount of chemicals needed.  

Thanks.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 09:36:10 am »
Hi,  I  just purchased the Tiger River Caspian about 6 weeks ago. I also came down to Sweetwater and Tiger River, I did a lot of research on both brands. I felt the Tiger River was the best for us.  Tiger River had better insulation, better warranity, and made by HotSpring.  I almost purchased the Bengal also (qted $6400) but then offered a floor model Caspian which we paid $7100 (6% tax, cover, delivery, chemicals).  You should check out the Caspain no lounger in it , every seat is great and plenty of room for 6 people. I live in Michigan insulaton was very important, gets really cold here. (already 42 degrees last night).  We use Baqua Spa no ozinator, our water is very clear, only have to add chemicals once a week.  You are getting a great price for the Bengal.  Let us know which tub you deceide on both are very good brands,  your going to love your Hot Tub!  Lynnette    :) :) :)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 11:55:27 am »
Both are good choices. I also agree that Coleman is definitely worth a look.

Just based on look, depth I prefer the TR over the SW. I found the SW quite shallow which is an issue for me @ 6'2"+.

Ultimately, you wet test all three.

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 08:59:41 pm »
We just had our Bahia intalled 2 weeks ago.  We just LOVE it  8) :D ;)
My husband wanted us to get the Bengal.  We has a closeout price of $4700 including steps, lift, ozone, chemicals.  That is a wonderful price as friends of ours bought one from the dealer a yr ago.  This was a display and they wanted to move it.  I wet tested one in a store and my friends.  For me it didn't have enough power with the one pump.  There was not much massage.  It is a pretty tub but lacked the features I wanted.  My husband wanted it because of the price and warrentee.  He wouldn't wet test.
I wanted the Bahia.  I thought it was the best price value.  Price for features.  The massage, power, jets, foot massaage, size, seating was far better for me.  I keep saying "for me".  You need to wet test and see what feels good for you.  You may not like the jets or foot massage.  Thanks to this forum--I looked for a dealer who would offer an additional 2 yr warrentee for $250.  I had saw several people talk about it on this forum.  My husband insisted on a 5 yr. warrentee.  We paid $5200 includes steps, ozone, chemicals and lift.  I know that was a good deal.  It pays to research and price.  
My husband now thanks me for insisting on the Bahia and talking him into it over the Bengal.  We had a few bitter discussions over this before we bought. (bitter might be putting it too nicely).  We BOTH are VERY HAPPY with our choice.
GOOD LUCK!!  You need to wet test and ask questions!
Connie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 08:59:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42