What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foam Foam Foam  (Read 2903 times)

browerjs

Foam Foam Foam
« on: April 10, 2020, 09:37:07 am »
I have a Hot Spring Salt Water System tub... ~350 gallons.  I cannot get rid of the foam.  Is there anything i can do short of draining it?

Hot Tub Forum

Foam Foam Foam
« on: April 10, 2020, 09:37:07 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Foam Foam Foam
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 06:56:21 pm »
I have a Hot Spring Salt Water System tub... ~350 gallons.  I cannot get rid of the foam.  Is there anything i can do short of draining it?

Get some de-foamer, don't pour it in the tub like they say, mix it 70/30 with water in a sprayer and spray it on the foam.

Then figure out why it's foaming. Hows the PH/alk? Ever use any chlorine or MPS?
Retired

browerjs

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 08:23:53 am »

Get some de-foamer, don't pour it in the tub like they say, mix it 70/30 with water in a sprayer and spray it on the foam.

Then figure out why it's foaming. Hows the PH/alk? Ever use any chlorine or MPS?

PH/alk readings are good.  I struggle having a FCl level with my Freshwater saltsystem, but I pour regular Clorox bleach in from time to time.

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 09:02:40 am »
Biggest cause of foam in my experience is going into tub with bathing suit on that hasn't been thoroughly rinsed and laundry soap gets in the water. Go in the tub in your birthday suit and see if the foam doesn't stop.  Then use a dedicated swim suit that doesn't go in the wash after every use.

HotTubLife

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »
I have the same problem! Same size HT, same brand, PH a hair low (7.3) and Alk lower than it should be (30ish). When I add chlorine, you'd think it was dishsoap! The foam is insane! I am not using 'splashless' bleach (like it's even possible to find bleach at all these days). I'm using Pool Essentials chlorine. it's 10% hypochlorite and compatible with salt systems. But the foam is just outlandish. I have a dedicated suit that does not get washed with soap, so that's not the cause. I just don't know what *is*. Any thoughts?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 02:34:21 pm »
I have the same problem! Same size HT, same brand, PH a hair low (7.3) and Alk lower than it should be (30ish). When I add chlorine, you'd think it was dishsoap! The foam is insane! I am not using 'splashless' bleach (like it's even possible to find bleach at all these days). I'm using Pool Essentials chlorine. it's 10% hypochlorite and compatible with salt systems. But the foam is just outlandish. I have a dedicated suit that does not get washed with soap, so that's not the cause. I just don't know what *is*. Any thoughts?

Body lotions? Perfume/after shave? Deodorant? Basically anything you put on your body.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 02:34:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42