What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with selecting a hot tub please  (Read 4967 times)

Sludge Factory

Re: Help with selecting a hot tub please
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 07:12:39 pm »
No worries I appreciate all the opinions and banter.  I understand about the financing and selling etc.  Tractors and lots of the farm equipment I buy they will usually tell you right up front, you pay cash you can get it for this price, you finance and its this price.  That's why I've always tried to pay cash but sometimes you just cant.  I try to never finance toys or things that aren't really a necessity but I'm not thinking about this hot tub along the same lines as say a four wheeler or street bike or some toy.  I feel like this could help quality of life.  My wife and I are both on our feet all day and some spa therapy and relaxation sound great.  So, I guess what I'm getting at is that I may be willing to finance a little to improve those benefits.  Sorry, I kinda went on a ramble  there.   Thank you all for the advice and information.  It's killing me trying to find a time my wife and I can go together to look at these though. ugh

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 07:12:39 pm »

Sam

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 07:20:10 pm »
FYI after you sign on the bottom line A) you have lost all leverage going forward and B) this is likely the last time you will ever talk to the salesman again. Going forward it will be customer service/service department you deal with.

A) Maybe in your business, but not in mine.  I feel like a lot of dealers who got it right sell based on relationships.  Once someone signs on the dotted line for us, there are a lot of ways out of any agreement, especially since 90% of our deposits are 100% refundable up till delivery.  If you sign on the bottom line and feel like you are giving up all freedom... DONT SIGN.  That is called a red flag.

B) How many dealers have you worked for or with?  Again, about 90% of the ones I have met are like me.  What is a customer service department?  Oh... it's our salespeople, who also are our point people for helping out with watercare and overall customer satisfaction.  True, I do have separate service techs... but a whole customer service department?  Certainly we are not big enough to have something like that... maybe one day... in the distant future.

Almost exactly this in my business as well. I own the company and sell probably 40%-50% of the tubs sold at my company. I deal with almost everyone and make it a point to introduce myself to each customer we do business with.  My sales people are my customer service team as well. I don’t know any companies where the salesperson is 100% only a salesperson.

Exactly.  I'm the GM yet I sell spas and end up being their go-to guy for the life of the product, from water chemistry questions, to service, to whatever they need.  If I do my job right, we have a personal relationship that will last for years.  If they call with a question they ask for me and I do my best for them. 

I have a lady who I sold a spa to back in 2011 and to this day she asks for me every time she calls no matter what it is.  I just sold her a cover last week.  3 months ago she sent her son in to purchase a hot tub from me.  Last year it was their neighbor.  I would never pass them off to another employee when they call.  If they need service I work with my service coordinator to get it handled. 

Sludge Factory

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 08:44:18 am »
FYI after you sign on the bottom line A) you have lost all leverage going forward and B) this is likely the last time you will ever talk to the salesman again. Going forward it will be customer service/service department you deal with.

A) Maybe in your business, but not in mine.  I feel like a lot of dealers who got it right sell based on relationships.  Once someone signs on the dotted line for us, there are a lot of ways out of any agreement, especially since 90% of our deposits are 100% refundable up till delivery.  If you sign on the bottom line and feel like you are giving up all freedom... DONT SIGN.  That is called a red flag.

B) How many dealers have you worked for or with?  Again, about 90% of the ones I have met are like me.  What is a customer service department?  Oh... it's our salespeople, who also are our point people for helping out with watercare and overall customer satisfaction.  True, I do have separate service techs... but a whole customer service department?  Certainly we are not big enough to have something like that... maybe one day... in the distant future.

Almost exactly this in my business as well. I own the company and sell probably 40%-50% of the tubs sold at my company. I deal with almost everyone and make it a point to introduce myself to each customer we do business with.  My sales people are my customer service team as well. I don’t know any companies where the salesperson is 100% only a salesperson.

Exactly.  I'm the GM yet I sell spas and end up being their go-to guy for the life of the product, from water chemistry questions, to service, to whatever they need.  If I do my job right, we have a personal relationship that will last for years.  If they call with a question they ask for me and I do my best for them. 

I have a lady who I sold a spa to back in 2011 and to this day she asks for me every time she calls no matter what it is.  I just sold her a cover last week.  3 months ago she sent her son in to purchase a hot tub from me.  Last year it was their neighbor.  I would never pass them off to another employee when they call.  If they need service I work with my service coordinator to get it handled.
That's a great way to look at things.  I'd buy a spa from ya.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 08:44:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42