What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Smart buy?  (Read 1998 times)

Chops1857

Smart buy?
« on: February 26, 2020, 11:08:34 pm »
Hi all,

So, I think I may buy my first hot tub for my own personal use (I bought one for a family lake home, but it was a group purchase). Anyway, I am strongly considering a Jacuzzi J365. I want a very reliable brand with powerful jets that can give actual therapeutic relief for lower back pain. Some spas are more fun than therapeutic. I want something a bit more powerful. I believe the J365 may fit the bill. Thoughts?

Also, though I fully acknowledge that price comparisons on national forums like this are difficult, I am interested in hearing if this “deal” seems like it may be reasonable. I am located in the Midwest. I am being offered a 2019 floor model Jacuzzi J365 (no stereo), with cover, steps, chemicals, delivery, install for $9,100 at 5 years of interest free financing. Having browsed around on here, that doesn’t seem like the steal of a lifetime, but it seems like it may be a reasonable figure. It’s a bit hard to say, given that many of the threads are several years old.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts as I am gearing up to convince my wife that this is an ok decision and to please give it her blessing lol.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:10:23 pm by Chops1857 »

Hot Tub Forum

Smart buy?
« on: February 26, 2020, 11:08:34 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Smart buy?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 08:00:01 am »
Being in Canada I can't compare much on price.  I like the J365. Jacuzzi has a lot of proprietary parts that might be a little more pricey post warranty. Are you paying a lillte extra for the name...likely yes. Make sure you know/ask what they charge for a "trip" fee for warranty service call. Jacuzzi Dealers in my area are on the high side. If they do charge a trip fee try and negotiate a few free calls into the deal. Try and work a 10% discount on any purchase after sale as well. Dosen't hurt to ask and neither will hit the salesman's bottom line up front. Get as much as you can. Once you sign the bottom line your leverage goes away.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 11:02:15 am »
To me, being a financed transaction, that appears to me to be a good price.  Whether it is or not is honestly irrelevant because your dealer determines the prices they sell at.  You can always negotiate in a professional manner.  When they refuse to do so then you know you are at their absolute bottom dollar.

I have only sat in one Jacuzzi ever, a J315 and that was years ago.  I would wet test any hot tub you are considering especially if therapy is the primary focus.  I would also never discount a hot tub without trying it first.  What are your other local options?  If you have a Caldera dealer, they do really well with low back therapy in their Paradise/Utopia collections and Marquis does in their Signature collection with their H.O.T. Zone therapy.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 11:02:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42