What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New circulation pump advice  (Read 1760 times)

Stuart_h

New circulation pump advice
« on: August 29, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this game so please ignore my ignorance. We moved into a new house a couple of months ago and we picked up the hot tub from the previous owner. All was working fine for a while but then the circulation pump stopped working.
I tested the fuse, which was OK, and then took the motor out and plugged it in with a 3-pin plug to test the motor. It worked OK but was screaching badly, so I suspect the bearing in the impeller end is knackered - the motor shaft was pretty rusted up so it looks pretty old.
I put the pump back in this evening and it worked for a while but then stopped - it looks like with the friction of a knackered bearing and the water in the impeller it just seizes up.

So I guess I need at least a new wet end, and maybe just a whole new pump. I couldn't get the impeller off the motor as it's probably rusted up.

The motor is a GE model 5KCP35DNB820X and when I Google it, a Circmaster comes us as recommended replacement - https://www.spapartsnet.com/Aqua-Flo-CMHP-230-Volt-p/02093001-2010.htm

My question is, would I need to replumb the connections between the filter pipe and heater pipe if I change to the Circmaster? Presumably it will be a different size to the one installed so the (rigid) pipes would not be in the right place and might need moving? Could you use flexible tubes instead if this is the case, as this would surely be easier to plumb in?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

New circulation pump advice
« on: August 29, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42