What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Advice On Most Reliable Spa ??  (Read 9595 times)

Southernguy

Any Advice On Most Reliable Spa ??
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:31:56 pm »
Hey everyone,  :-)

Like Anne (santiniuk) I was looking for a Passion Spa:

« on: September 09, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »
" I'm really just after some advice...
Both had hot tubs and I'll be honest I've fell in love with them !
I'm now looking into a hot tub purchase and a local dealer stocks a brand called passion spas. The model I'm interested in is called The Pleasure.
Can anyone offer any comments or experience of this brand or model ?"

I still visited some websites reviews, and also peeked within this forum this particular post :

« Message by Hottubguy on July 22, 2019, 08:12:08 pm »
" Couple points here. Consumer affairs is a pay to play review site. You will notice a few brands with hundreds of reviews and the rest have under a 100. I just looked and think I saw 67 reviews. I didn’t read them but I’m guessing they aren’t all bad. Even if they are Hot Springs makes like 20,000 or so Tubs a year. In my mind that’s a pretty good ratio of complaints to number of tubs sold "

So, I am quite confused as i found a website including so many negative reviews about Passion Spa Hot Tub at fonteynpassionspareviewshottubdealers.blogspot.com

As there are very frightening experiences for such brand, I am looking for any advice for a Hot Tub fairly simple to repair in the event something goes wrong (once out of warranty).

Thanks for any advice!

Regards.  :-)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:25:57 pm by Forum Admin »

Hot Tub Forum

Any Advice On Most Reliable Spa ??
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:31:56 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Any Advice On Most Reliable Spa ??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 07:52:11 pm »
I can't be positive but I believe this is brand from outside the USA.  Therefore, they are relatively new to the market.  Most in the industry believe that the best quality tubs originate from North America, and other brands (Europe, Asia) tend to be of an overall inferior quality.  I tend to agree with the general premise as I have not seen a great quality product from outside of North America.

Regardless, the low number of reviews can be due to the lack of exposure in the market, as it is still trying to get a foothold in the USA. 

As I work for a smaller manufacturer, I dismiss the notion that low exposure = poor quality.  However, I tend to shy away from any brand that is not built to the higher quality standards that many North American brands tend to be.

To be fair, and I must reiterate this, I have never personally dealt with Passion Spas so I understand the hole in my argument. Therefor I would like to hear from someone who has - Preferably not a dealer...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 08:36:45 pm »
To be fair, and I must reiterate this, I have never personally dealt with Passion Spas so I understand the hole in my argument. Therefor I would like to hear from someone who has - Preferably not a dealer...

Why a customer and not a dealer? Do you feel the dealer may be biased to his brand?
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 01:25:38 pm »

Why a customer and not a dealer? Do you feel the dealer may be biased to his brand?

That was poorly worded - I like to chat with the likes of you Tman - Someone who has worked on spas and owned them.  There are many posters on this forum who are unbiased and I should have noted better that I'd like an unbiased take, not a blanket statement that I presented.  Apologies.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 08:25:48 pm »

That was poorly worded - I like to chat with the likes of you Tman - Someone who has worked on spas and owned them.  There are many posters on this forum who are unbiased and I should have noted better that I'd like an unbiased take, not a blanket statement that I presented.  Apologies.

I would expect if a dealer wasn't passionate or at least somewhat biased to what he sold he would sell less. Holds true for everything.
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »
I would be careful, I'm almost certain the Passion Spas are all made in China.

Go with a reputable brand.  Marquis, HotSpring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Dimension One, Caldera, Artesian, Bullfrog

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42