What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: All of you new Sundance owners  (Read 9153 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: All of you new Sundance owners
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 06:42:05 pm »
You'll like those lights!  I suspect you will be glad in the long run that you popped for the stereo, too.  

I am then the only person on the board using Baqua.  
I suspect it's not the cheapest regimen out there, but it works for us.  It has not damaged our spa in any way that I can tell.  Sundance does not warn against it's use.
The first fill we had a bit of brown deposit stuff on the waterline, which easily was erased using the scrubby pad and surface cleaner.  Since then, it's been minimal, or non existant.  Maybe it depends on your water to begin with.  Anyway, we are having no problems.  

But I have not used any other system for keeping our water cootie free.  So I can't compare against anything else.

Go ahead and add that remote!  Have fun.  
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 06:42:05 pm »

Wheeler

• Sundance Optima owner
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 05:23:46 pm »
Hey Brewman, thanks for the advice.  Glad to hear that there's at least one person using Baqua without problems, and if I go that route I guess I know who to ask if I have questions... ;D

I'm still a couple weeks out from having the spa installed, so I've got some time to figure out what I'm gonna do.

Thanks for the info/advice!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 06:09:12 pm »
Wheeler,

The inside of covers and pillows wil discolour with out an ozonator too! Chlorine/Bromine vapour can do it. Ozone will accerlerate the process as will consistently high sanitizer levels (consistenly +5PPM).

HTMan
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 08:41:48 pm »
Our pillows and under the cover area have not started to discolor, so I guess Baqua has a couple reediming characteristics.
Brewman
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2004, 05:24:03 pm »
I know other Optima owners who use baqua spa and love it.  As a matter of fact, I know a Cameo owner who is a bromine user, I am a dichlor user, everyone else uses baqua.  They like the once a week addition of chemicals aspect.

TahoesMama

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2004, 08:51:46 pm »
Like Wheeler, my husband and I anticipate becoming Sundance owners.  Our patio configuration will only allow us to have an approximately 7'x7" give or take a bit, so we're leaning towards the Altamar (6'11-sides"x7'4"-front), as its dimensions are somewhat doable.  This, however, is still up in the air, pending more measuring & negotiating. One concern is the ability to  access the front control panels for repairs with only 5' of width clearance because of the patio deck posts on each corner.  How much room is required to use both the drain plug, and control panels, and where is the drain plug on this model?

Strangely enough, Sundance was our last pick.  We started our with having our hearts set on the Caldera Tahitian, but for some odd reason, the dealer doesn't seem able to allow us to wet test, (yeah, makes ya say "umm" doesn't it?)  All kinda excuses (not set up/not enough room with other tubs on floor/etc.)  So far, we've blown him off.  Next we tested Hot Springs.  Dealer is pushing a special on the Sovereign, however, we liked the Tiger River Siberian (just too big at 7'7"x7"7").  He agreed to allow us to pick between the Sovereign and the Tiger River Caspian (sames as the Siberian without a lounger) at the same price.  We tried our hardest to enjoy the Marquis Rewards.  We wet tested it as well as the Euphoria.  Well-built tubs with great warranties and wonderful service department, informed personnel.  We just really didn't care for the seating configurations, nor jet placement and pressure.  We're hoping we don't regret our decision to pass up such great tubs.  And finally, we ended up at Sundance.  The configuration of the Altamar is exactly what we liked best about the Caldera that was too big for us (and un-wet-testable).  Price is relatively competitive, also.

Whew!  As a newbie, I apologize for not knowing how to better limit my prose.  Any advice will still be appreciated if you've been patient enough to read this to the end.  Thanks, folks.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 07:51:34 am »
You just illustrated the value of wet testing.  You know for sure that whatever tub you purchase will satisfy you.  
I'm no spa tech, but I think that 5' of clearance is adequate to access the service panel.  
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 07:51:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42