What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salt system vs Frog @ease  (Read 3443 times)

Chops1857

Salt system vs Frog @ease
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:52:08 am »
I want a system that results in quality water that is easy to maintain with minimal intervention. The hot tub is at a vacation home. I believe I have it narrowed down to the in.clear salt system and the Frog floating @east smartchlor system. Any folks have thoughts on these?

It certainly sounds like there is a several day waiting between the time I set up the salt system and when I can first use the tub. I can't find any such info on the Frog system. Salt will be more expensive, but if it is way more hands-off, I don't mind. I wouldn't say price isn't an object, but I am willing to pay for a product that is very good.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks, folks.

Hot Tub Forum

Salt system vs Frog @ease
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:52:08 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Salt system vs Frog @ease
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »
I have used both salt and @ease in my own personal tub and sell both. They both have positives and negatives though not many negatives. Salt will take a couple days to set up the other chemicals you need to start producing your own chlorine/ bromine depending on system. My tub has been clear since I got it. Water lasts longer with a salt based tub so less drain and refills. Only negative I have had is the PH in my water tends to drift up so I need to put a ph lower in maybe once a month. Otherwise pretty simple system.

@ease has the opposite effect on Ph. Have to raise the ph more often. When I had a tub with that system I typically shocked my tub every 2 weeks or so. Changed the chlorine part every 3-4 weeks and drained and refilled typically every 4 months or so.

I think they are both good systems. With a tub that is mainly going to be a weekend tub I think either system will work but the salt tub might be a little easier. I don’t have any experience with that particular salt system you are looking at though so hopefully someone else comments about that particular system

The tub I owned with @ease was a Marquis which I loved. Very powerful jets. The tub I currently own with the freshwater salt system is a Caldera. I like that tub as well. Jets aren t as strong but I would say it’s a bit more comfortable of a tub. Think you were looking at Marquis and Aspen. Marquis is a great tub with nice and powerful jets. Never have seen a Aspen spa in person. Think they are a more regional brand of spa. That doesn’t mean it’s not a quality tub though

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Salt system vs Frog @ease
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42