What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Picked up a free Leisure Bay Spa Tonga...questions or acrylic tub questions  (Read 2017 times)

ctroxtell

I ended up with a 2008(not sure of the year) Leisure Bay Celebrity Tonga for free, it needed some work but I'm just trying to get some general information as this is my first hot tub. Rebuilt all 4 side frames and rebuilt all 4 seat supports since they were rotted. So feel free to answer any questions you can possibly shed some light on for me.

1. What is the black stuff that is sprayed all over the bottom side of the acrylic? Looks like it could be a pain should a jet start leaking and you need to get it out.
2. If a jet, drain or any penetration starts to leak how do you best address that? The foam on the bottom was wet, but hopefully that was just due to where the tub was sitting in the yard.
3. Has anyone made their own top cover out of a foam board insulation? Owen Corning has a 2" foam board called Foamular 250 that is water proof and has a R-value of 10.

Thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42