What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Brand new optima, LEAKING!  (Read 4250 times)

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
Brand new optima, LEAKING!
« on: September 04, 2004, 01:01:01 pm »
Electrician was doing the electrical upgrade and noticed that the tub is leaking from the corner panel which was cracked during delivery. The leak is a stedy drip.
Informed the dealer, his guess is its a loose pump connection. Has anyone else dealt with such a problem and what was the outcome?

Hot Tub Forum

Brand new optima, LEAKING!
« on: September 04, 2004, 01:01:01 pm »

bethshar

Re: Brand new optima, LEAKING!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 01:14:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about the leak -how disappointing!  I'd be curious to hear how the dealer handles it.  Hope you are soaking soon!

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 01:19:52 pm »
I was really looking forward to a the soak, now I have to wait till tuesday for the tech to come out.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 01:22:23 pm »
Did this ever get taken care of?  What was it?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 01:27:51 pm »
SerjicalStrike,
Thanks for beating me to the punch on this! I was just going through some old posts and was about to ask the same question!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 02:48:44 pm »
I think I read on another post that they brought a new tub.  They were able to use the existing one until the new one arrived.

Wrong.  That was another Optima owner.  I now think the tub was overfull and did not have a leak after all.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 02:59:41 pm by tony »

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 06:46:14 pm »
Thanks for the concern, It turns out that the tub was overfilled and the water was leaking from the pillows.
I was a bit concerned initially bacause when the tub was delivered the corner cabinet got cracked and that is where the water was leaking from.
Still waiting for the dealer to replace the corner cabinet and to hook up the spa/radio interface.
I have been enjoying the tub daily and the water has been clear, I have not fussed around with chems too much, just keeping it simple adding dichlor daily and keeping the ph at the right level. So far so good.

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 08:06:20 pm »
Sobe,

Glad to hear it wasn't a major problem. I have a 2 month old Jacuzzi that has a leak somewhere inside, leaking about an inch a day. Jacuzzi and dealer was out last week (after calling the dealer for over a week)and couldn't find the leak, said they have to raise the tub to see if they can find the leak, cut into the foam, fix it and refoam. They were suppose to come out today and guess what - they never showed up or called. So here I sit with an empty tub and a dealer that doesn't return calls. This has been going on for a month now. To say I'm not a happy camper is an understatement. I'm trying to figure out what my options are at this point. The dealer has turned this whole deal into one big nightmare. Live and learn I guess. Hopefully I will be in "Spatopia" sometime this year ???

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 08:16:03 pm »
...that's so disheartening. Once again proving that dealer accountability is paramount.

I am curious in what develops - pls post any new info

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 08:42:07 pm »
Ouch! so sorry to hear that AmySue. Sounds like you need to contact Jacuzzi directly - let them know about how your dealer experience has been and ask for some assistance from them to get things resolved.

Also be sure that empty tub isn't sitting out in the sun - it can serously damage the shell.
e

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 09:17:18 pm »
Empolgation,

That is my next step tomorrow - call Jacuzzi direct and also my credit card company. Sad part of this whole deal is I went to another dealer the other day to buy chemicals,( I refuse to support my dealer - he recommended Baqua Spa and Jacuzzi told me that they will void certain parts of the warranty for using Baqua - nice huh), and this dealer has the Master Spa franchise that was pulled from my dealer. He told me that my dealer is keeping him in business because no one who bought anything from him wants anything to do with him. There is no service after the sale. Boy am I finding that out.  
The empty spa is sitting with its cover on in a screened in gazebo, so it doesn't get hit by too much sun.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 10:54:13 pm »
AmySue,

A spa leaking within the first month should be replaced by the manufacturer at no charge to you and I want to encourage you to request that.  

I feel bad that you have been treated poorly.  You spent hard earned monies and deserve to be treated properly.

Please keep us posted.

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 11:21:48 pm »
I agree with rocket, after spending thousands of dollars on a tub and finding out there is a leak, you should absolutely  get a new tub.
I cannot beleive how some contractors and other service oriented businesses get away with such bull....
I would also report the dealer to the better business bureau if the aforementioned problem is not resolved quickly.  Amysue i sure hope that it all works out and you are enjoying your new tub soon, in the meantime if you live anywhere close to NewJersey you are welcome to come and use ours.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 09:40:56 am »
I agree.  There was another post recently about a SD Optima that had a small leak when delivered.  The dealer replaced the spa.  The customer was able to use the old spa until the new one arrived.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 09:40:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42